Hind Commander

Started by DicedT, September 01, 2012, 04:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

That looks great. Are the ground units abstracted or are minis used for all of them as well?

Once again I'm confronted with the cold fact that I've neither the time, money, nor opportunity for gaming with minis. Had I merely the latter I'd find a way to make the former two work.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MIGMaster

eyebiter

DicedT

You can use minis for ground units, but they're covered in much less detail than the choppers.

Michael

Toonces

God I hate reading these forums sometimes.

Ok, so Hind Commander looks insane and I think I'm going to impulse buy it.

I hate you guys.  I hate you guys so much.   >:(
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

DicedT

Nice to know I'm doing my job.

Michael

Quote from: Toonces on September 08, 2012, 02:35:20 PM
God I hate reading these forums sometimes.

Ok, so Hind Commander looks insane and I think I'm going to impulse buy it.

I hate you guys.  I hate you guys so much.   >:(

Toonces

Expensive day for me, today.

Not only did I order Hind Commander and a set of minis to go with it, but I picked up A.W.A.C.S. as well. 

http://www.picoarmor.com/pages/product_details.php?pid=1950

Arm Weapons And Climb Solo

Product catalog number: AWACS-001

Product Description:
Arm Weapons And Climb Solo - Gulf War is loosely based on the events of the First Gulf War, but isn't a typical, realistic and historically accurate ruleset. Instead, you can expect quick, thrilling and fun B-movie style action!

Within this box you will find nearly everything needed to start playing: 62 unpainted, fine metal miniatures in 1/600 scale, 62 bases (stems for airplanes are not provided), a set of all required dice, counters, an 'army list' sheet and a brochure containing rules and six scenarios.

The players take various roles, from leading Allied fighter sweeps, Iraqi counterattacks or stealth bombings of SAM batteries, destroying SCUDs hidden at the end of a well defended valley. The scenarios may be played on 3 difficulty levels, and the players may easily create their own missions, and may share them with others on the official Assault Publishing forum!

•A pre-planned orders game mechanic
•Designed for smaller scales, such as 2mm, 3mm or 6mm
•Effective, but easy to master fog of war rules
•Emphasis on the importance of electronic warfare
•Rules for helicopters, airplanes, tanks, soft-skins, infantry, off-table support units and many more
•A card-based stratagem system
•A built-in card-based random battle generator with secret objectives
•A doctrines system, instead of conventional fixed army lists
•A vast, open list of equipment
•A complete rule-set with all markers attached
•Six scenarios
•"Army list" leaflet (full color, two sides)
•Color dice (5mm act as ammo markers) in four different colors and two sizes
•62 high-quality, laser-cut bases
•62 of the finest 1:600 models made by Oddzial Osmy-

4 x F-15
6 x F-16
4 x A10
2 x F-117 – New release
5 x M1A1 Abrams
6 x MiG21
4 x MiG-29
5 x Sa-8
5 x ZSU-23
10 x T-72
5 x SCUD
6 x Mirage F1 – Special offer

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Hind Commander and A.W.A.C.S. arrived today.

Not quite what I was expecting...really I need to take some pictures to illustrate.  More later.

DicedT

Quote from: Toonces on September 12, 2012, 09:15:07 PM
Hind Commander and A.W.A.C.S. arrived today.

Not quite what I was expecting...really I need to take some pictures to illustrate.  More later.

Like to hear your thoughts.

Michael

Gusington

Anything that includes Hinds is automatically better than anything that doesn't.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on September 12, 2012, 09:20:51 PM
Anything that includes Hinds is automatically better than anything that doesn't.

Gus. We're not talking about behinds. We're talking helicopters.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Gus loves him some MiL-24s.

Speaking of which...

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing