Configure Wargame Airland Battle's speed options the same as in Red Dragon

Started by undercovergeek, February 16, 2015, 04:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Thanks to Pete Dero - he gave me a link to a small cheat hack that sits outside the game and allows you to adjust the speed to your tastes, not quite super slooooooooooooooow bullet time but 0.02 speed instead of 1.00 - allowing you to play the game either at a constant reduced rate of say 50%/75% or to play the game on normal speed and then jam it down to bullet time when the action gets hot

The only reason i moved up from ALB to Red Dragon was because of the speed options, and im sure a lot of people either stopped playing or were scared off by the hectic pace of ALB - sweat no more, i can genuinely say, if i'm happy then you will be - im crap at been rushed, hatewd the speed of ALB and loved bullet time in Red Dragon

Its not a hack of the game, theres no coding, and adding exes to anything, its a 3rd part bit of software that works seperately to the game

anyway

heres the link - http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php

if you need any help just ask, and thanks again to Pete

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Jarhead0331

Not to sound like a total retard, but you can please post a quick "how to"? The tutorial is pretty annoying. I just want to use this for ALB. Thanks.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Download the Cheat engine (without automated installer and Open Candy recommendation during installation to avoid any malware).
Run Cheatengine.exe
Now run the game you want to play  (Wargame games should run in windowed full screen as you need to be able to use Alt-Tab).
Alt tab back to cheatengine.
Select the game process in cheat engine by clicking on the computer icon (the icon will be blinking)
Check enable Speedhack (You can add ingame shortcuts in cheatengine through Edit-settings-shortcuts).
Alt Tab back to the game and play.

Short Youtube tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dZ2okB8WNQ

undercovergeek

Yeah, I scrapped the tutorial after 2 minutes - you don't need it at all

Start the cheat engine software - do nothing else

Start ALB, minimise it once the intro stuff is done

Go back to cheat engine panel and you'll see an icon flashing in the top left, click on it and it will open up a panel of running programmes - you will see the wargame 2 alb icon in there near the bottom, click on it and press open just under the panel

To the right of the box you'll see something like configure speed hack, tick that box, and underneath is a slider, defaulting to 1, slide it left to decrease the overall speed of the game, then click apply

Go back to ALB and start your skirmish or whatever, you will see the game running at the speed you chose, the game will run its length in that speed

However if you want to change the speed up and down in game go to the edit option in the cheat engine panel, then settings, then hot keys - you will now see a list of options to assign keys to, the ones you need are either plus or minus or allocate a speed to each of the 5 speed buttons you see, I have mapped a speed of .02 to keypad 1, 0.50 to keypad 2, and 1.0 to keypad 3, click ok and bring up alb again - no need to restart

Now play away, hit keypad 1 when it gets crazy and keypad 3 when you're good to go again

Hope this helps, ask if not

undercovergeek

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

sandman2575

This is awesome -- thanks UCG.  ALB was way too fast for me before -- had to stick to Red Dragon.

WallysWorld

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

GDS_Starfury

I wonder how ya'll are going to handle the remastered Homeworlds speed.  though IIRC you can pause in solo play to issue orders.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

undercovergeek

i suspect this will work with that too - for all us turtlers and unhurried folks  O0

Toonces

Thank you so much for posting this up UCG!  The speed thing was all that has been keeping me from enjoying EE and ALB.  Gonna download and install now!   :smitten:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

I wonder....is there any reason to play EE over ALB?  Are the maps different? OOBs? I'm pretty sure the OOB in ALB is more expansive, if anything...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog