Total War: Three Kingdoms

Started by Nefaro, January 10, 2018, 11:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Looks like the next big historical TW will be ancient China, as many guessed.

;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HFeBUlUhh8

Jarhead0331

I know there will be some who are very excited about this, but I'm not one of them.

...I could be persuaded to take a second look if there will be bad lip dubbing in cutscenes and special Bruce Lee DLC.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 10, 2018, 11:36:51 AM
I know there will be some who are very excited about this, but I'm not one of them.

...I could be persuaded to take a second look if there will be bad lip dubbing in cutscenes and special Bruce Lee DLC.

im in agreement - i know its a loin moistener for some but by way of school, hobby and reading interests ive never caught on with the China love

Nefaro

I might have preferred something from the late rennaissance to 'age of reason' period, or another medieval version, first. 

However, I still have doubts as to whether they can create a good Total War in which most units have firearms and the battle mechanics & AI support the way they were used historically. 

Flashbacks to those old Empire and Napoleon battles where the units still kept trying to behave like they were in Rome or Medieval, racing into melee at 50mph and every opportunity.  :-\  SOW they were not.

I would pick up a TW Three Kingdoms at some point, though.  Probably not out of the gate, unless they happened to catch me desperate for a new fix at the time. 

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 10, 2018, 11:36:51 AM

Like this

Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: Nefaro on January 10, 2018, 11:51:13 AM
I might have preferred something from the late rennaissance to 'age of reason' period, or another medieval version, first. 

However, I still have doubts as to whether they can create a good Total War in which most units have firearms and the battle mechanics & AI support the way they were used historically. 

Flashbacks to those old Empire and Napoleon battles where the units still kept trying to behave like they were in Rome or Medieval, racing into melee at 50mph and every opportunity.  :-\  SOW they were not.

I would pick up a TW Three Kingdoms at some point, though.  Probably not out of the gate, unless they happened to catch me desperate for a new fix at the time.

i think you may be one the guys in disagreement, and if its not you apologies, but CA and Total War did all it ever could for me with Warhammer - without it id be pissed this new one wasnt medieval 3 but because it exists i can manage until medieval 3, if ever

JudgeDredd

^Which one? Warhammer 1 or 2? I've only got 1 but I heard 2 is great.
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

i only have 1, but 2 will be the natural next step when the combined maps game is fully fixed if not already

bob48

We used to watch this one as well;

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

I vaguely remember that too - at least the title immediately hit me as something I watched
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

This thread has put me in the mood for fried wantons and orange beef.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Geezer

This thread has put me in the mood for suk yung chik.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Sir Slash

This one looks like a Pooh Pooh Platter right now. The trailer looks more like Kung Fu than Total War. 190 CE? What'll they be fighting with stone knives and Mammoth tusks? Still it is FINALLY something China. Hope it's not a 'shamfurl dispray'.  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd