What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

I might have self control issues...

Which shall I play first?

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Cyrano on April 15, 2018, 10:04:55 PM
I might have self control issues...
That's not the only issues you have. Size discipline!  :knuppel2:

Someone here (Barth? Bayonet?) said to me to put width=800 after the first IMG tag - so where images just have img, I now change them to [img width=800 (with a closing square bracket after it which I can't put in because it'll screw the post up) and they then look like this

And now I can see them, I love me some Combat Commander and think I will buy some other games in the series (I only have Europe at the moment)

The Rise and Fall of the British East India Company looks cool - not something I'd normally go for but I know a little bit about the East India Company so I imagine it's trade based?
Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

John Company, so you can write up a review ;D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JudgeDredd

Why does Combat Commander show as 2 player on BGG when it's single player, isn't it?
Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 16, 2018, 05:03:48 AM
Why does Combat Commander show as 2 player on BGG when it's single player, isn't it?

there might be a single-player variant, but CC is a 2-player game
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JudgeDredd

oh. Maybe I just enjoyed playing it solo.
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Quote from: Nefaro on April 09, 2018, 10:29:44 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 08, 2018, 03:01:35 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 08, 2018, 10:10:30 AM
Quote from: Bison on April 07, 2018, 07:43:41 AM
Debating the merits of getting a playmat for Wings of Glory....thoughts?

I have a playmat for Wings Of Glory that I've been looking to sell.

My biggest issue doing so is the odd box shape.  It's long, thin, and triangle shaped.  Can only imagine how much shipping would cost on that, if I could find a box to properly fit it in without using a huge one full of dead space.  I guess just wrapping it's own box up might be the easiest.  Not like the rubber & cloth mat inside is prone to getting smashed.  ;D

In the end, I suspect that they'd charge as much for shipping that odd-shaped thing as it's worth.  :-\

Just roll it in a picture tube. Shuold be pretty statndard shape for shipping.

Oh, and how much?  :)

Being a rubber & cloth mat, I could actually just fold it up and put it in a regular box, ideally for cheaper media mail shipping via USPS (if they still offer that cheaper shipping to CAN).  As long as you don't need the original box it came in, which is shaped like a triangular shipping tube, but longer than the ones at the office.  The mat is a few inches longer than most of the shipping tubes around here.

Just looking to clear some space.  Already sold my Wings Of Glory starter kit awhile back, and I already have some larger game mats I prefer to use for other stuff.  It's yours for $15US + shipping.  PM me your address and I can get a shipping estimate to see about getting reasonable shipping cost & save some money.

I have the "City" map (27"x39"), only used it once:

https://www.amazon.com/Wings-Glory-City-Game-Mat/dp/B00BD9ZI36

It arrived today, despite the freezing rain storm here, in perfect condition. Thanks!  O0

Nefaro

Quote from: Barthheart on April 16, 2018, 12:38:48 PM

It arrived today, despite the freezing rain storm here, in perfect condition. Thanks!  O0

That was faster shipping than I expected.  :)

I may sell my Sails Of Glory core game, and the couple extra ships I have for it, in the near future.  Will offer them here, first, before elsewhere.  In case someone wants the age of sail themed version.

On second thought, there are probably a few different games I'll be selling so will put up a list.

Looks like I'll be moving this year.  Turning some of the board games that I don't expect to be playing anytime soon into far more mobile cash.

Barthheart

Cyrano of panzerde are your Sails guys.  ;)

Nefaro

Quote from: Barthheart on April 16, 2018, 07:28:47 PM

Cyrano probably already owns everything created for this stuff.   ;D

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Cyrano

Quote from: Nefaro on April 17, 2018, 11:27:50 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 16, 2018, 07:28:47 PM

Cyrano probably already owns everything created for this stuff.   ;D

Hey, people with completionist disorders have feelings too...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Crossroads

Quote from: mirth on April 17, 2018, 12:16:04 PM
O0

Having just got my feet wet with the Next War series, which I am very impressed of, I am a bit afraid Ty Bomba's BADASS rule set don't quite compare to them. It's (less than) half the complexity, but then again, half the price as well, so hopefully fun regardless.

I will post a few pictures once we get into Putin's Northern War, but we'll likely play a couple of NW:Poland games first  :)
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY