Decades Feeder Bracket - 1982 Round of 16 Part 2

Started by MetalDog, June 20, 2017, 10:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

For being patient forumites, I have decided to reward you with not one, but two Brackets for 1982.  The first is pretty much mainstream.  The second is what I would call, "The MTV Bracket."  I remember each and every one of those videos from having my face plastered to that channel 24/7 for several years.  I hope you enjoy voting in them as much as I enjoyed putting them together.  And FYI, the winners of each 1982 Bracket will face off against the other to decide the winner for that year.

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pete Dero

MTV playing music videos ...  I was so much younger then.

Tuna

trailrunner

Wow, Blister in the Sun came out 35 years ago.  Time flies!

Steelgrave

More votes = More fun.

But Gawd, some of those old videos are painful to watch! Not the songs but the sheer cheesiness of the vids! "Hungry Like A Wolf" may be the worst offender.

bayonetbrant

at the time, though, they were groundbreaking in that they weren't just a band playing live, but more like a movie trailer, or mini-narrative
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 21, 2017, 07:54:19 AM
at the time, though, they were groundbreaking in that they weren't just a band playing live, but more like a movie trailer, or mini-narrative

Yeah, it seemed pretty cool 35 years ago.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on June 21, 2017, 07:57:37 AM

How would you know? Weren't you like 2 35 years ago?

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on June 21, 2017, 07:59:45 AM
Quote from: mirth on June 21, 2017, 07:57:37 AM

How would you know? Weren't you like 2 35 years ago?

2 plus 10 is more like it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Barthheart

Quote from: BC on June 21, 2017, 08:44:09 AM
'Our House' all day every day, son!

Great tune and I love it... but Come on Eileen!  O0

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Barthheart on June 21, 2017, 08:46:18 AM

Nooooooooooooope.

While I generally love 80s music for its campiness and cheesiness, and though I've heard every one of them probably 10,000 times each, Come On Eileen is one I can live the rest of my life without ever hearing again. It annoys me for some reason.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: trailrunner on June 21, 2017, 05:40:14 AM
Wow, Blister in the Sun came out 35 years ago.  Time flies!

I'll always equate that song with Grosse Pointe Blank.

Barthheart

Quote from: BC on June 21, 2017, 08:48:14 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on June 21, 2017, 08:46:18 AM

Nooooooooooooope.

While I generally love 80s music for its campiness and cheesiness, and though I've heard every one of them probably 10,000 times each, Come On Eileen is one I can live the rest of my life without ever hearing again. It annoys me for some reason.

Bah! Yer taste is all in yer mouth.
Were I was at this time the chicks loved dancing to Come On Eileen... so good memories on many levels.  ;)