Decades Feeder Bracket - 1982 Round of 16 Part 1

Started by MetalDog, June 20, 2017, 10:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

For being patient forumites, I have decided to reward you with not one, but two Brackets for 1982.  The first is pretty much mainstream.  The second is what I would call, "The MTV Bracket."  I remember each and every one of those videos from having my face plastered to that channel 24/7 for several years.  I hope you enjoy voting in them as much as I enjoyed putting them together.  And FYI, the winners of each 1982 Bracket will face off against the other to decide the winner for that year.

I have finally run into one of the "I am not putting my work on YouTube,' artists.  And it's a shame.  Prince is just awesome.  And I believe I recently heard that his heirs will be putting his music on streaming services.  I think Spotify has a bunch right now.  Hendrix is the other prominent musician I know that doesn't have his work on YouTube.  But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

In spite of that, I think we have some really solid contenders in this go round: The Clash, Queen, The Who and maybe a surprise or two lurking in the shadows.  Maybe Billy Squier, or Duran Duran.  Rush, perhaps.  But as always, thank you for voting and enjoy :)

The 1/16

1 I don't have a 'Spill some on the floor,' or a, 'mic drop,' emoji, but, that's what should go here.

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

I corrected one of my wife's picks, but otherwise, I registered her votes.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tuna

We used to go see Santana every time he came to town in the early 80's. But we always stayed out in the parking lot and partied a little longer so that we did NOT have to see the backup band. Lol, I voted against the backup band, the hatred is still there!

bayonetbrant

Who was opening for him then?  Huey Lewis?

His "backup band" from the classic Santana days – Neil Schon, Gregg Rollie – were the core of what later became Journey
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tuna

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 21, 2017, 06:23:45 AM
Who was opening for him then?  Huey Lewis?

His "backup band" from the classic Santana days – Neil Schon, Gregg Rollie – were the core of what later became Journey

From the parking lot, when we heard " Two tickets to paradise", we knew it was ok to head in, since that was usually the encore.