What's on the Table - January 2015

Started by PanzersEast, January 27, 2015, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

WHAT'S ON THE TABLE
January 2015

What's on the table for everyone during this month.. what do you hope to play and check off?  For me, I have been late night playing due to some projects at work so my time has been squeezed.  I began testing a YouTube channel, however I am just testing atm.  Here is what's up for me during the month, maybe not all.

- Shadows of Malice
I have done a test play though already and I am very impressed by the game.  For me thus far it rates right up there with Mage Knight and the variability of the game I love.

- Legion of Honor
Have the rules down and have done a few Campaign seasons.  It is a very interesting concept and thus far the story telling is superb.

- Space Empires 4x
Stil have not cracked this one open, I have a possible trade for the expansion but until I dive in (time needed) I am holding off.

- A Touch of Evil + Expansions
This one was brought about because of Fortune and Glory.  I loved F&G because of it just being a let lose and have fun type of game and the FFG have tons of them and atmosphere.

- Boots on the Ground
Well, all I can say is I picked this one up on clearance so it is just waiting in line to get a good run through.  I know comments on it have been mixed, but Marco like it so we have about the same taste.

PE

bayonetbrant

I've had Valor & Vengeance on the table in the man-cave for about 5 weeks and still trying to find the time to get to it. 

New York 1776 is going to get a few more run-throughs, too.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JudgeDredd

I'm hoping the games I pre-ordered - but I doubt it.

They are
Israeli Air Force Leader
Huey Leader
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 27, 2015, 05:25:22 PM
I'm hoping the games I pre-ordered - but I doubt it.

They are
Israeli Air Force Leader
Huey Leader

IAF Leader is being reprinted??  ???

I have so many yet to play.  Think I'll just take a pic of each one halfway through and post it here when I get to it.  Despite having some new games, and new game mats to put them on, I've been spending my time on the PC in the past week.

Toonces

I didn't even know there was an IAF Leader game...gotta look that one up.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Cyrano

Classic Car Wars

Memoir '44 Overlord

...and both will soon be cleared off so that I can have a run at "Legion of Honor", provided I can get the gimps from USPS to deliver it from my local post office to my home a scant six miles away.  Stuck there for the past TWO DAYS.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

GJK

Phantom Fury finally arrived (my son ordered it for me right before Christmas).  I'll have that one on the table this weekend after we watch "American Sniper"; no doubt.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Toonces

Friggin' JD man.  IAF Leader hasn't even hit its pre-order totals to be printed yet!   :knuppel2:

@ GJK:  I have Phantom Fury but haven't played it yet.  Absolutely beautiful components...a real bargain wargame IMO.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JudgeDredd

tbf I did say
QuoteI'm hoping the games I pre-ordered - but I doubt it.

So I was only hoping and I did say I doubted they would be here 2015.

But yeah - those two.

Neither of these two games are showing on DVG website...but I was able to pre-order from the online store I purchase my games from (BoardGameExtras) - I didn't check the DVG website - just pre-ordered when I saw them
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on January 27, 2015, 09:56:56 PM
Friggin' JD man.  IAF Leader hasn't even hit its pre-order totals to be printed yet!   :knuppel2:

There's gonna be a hangin!  :buck2:

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bob48

Verily, I am wetting myself waiting for 'Texas Arrows' to be published.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!