Panther Games Command Ops 2 Limited Time Offer Bundle Pack Coming Soon

Started by Thrawn, December 08, 2014, 01:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zonso

Are there any details on the new UI, visual improvements? Recent screenshots?

Pinetree

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

fabius

I don't have this game, but this thread a raised my interest. Looking tat the vids on the Ytube it reminds me of 1980s Amiga game that played with modern US vs Soviets.

Damn, wish there were more modern era games.

Grim.Reaper

Saw this posted by the dev at the official forums.....maybe getting close to the new version in our hands, right on the heels of CMBS.  Busy and expensive times:)

"Got the final icons from Marc von Martial today. I will incorporate these on Monday and then package things up for LNL to work up the installer. Yeeha! "

em2nought

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 26, 2015, 06:24:40 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on January 26, 2015, 04:55:45 PM
Ooooh this is tricky.  Command Ops is one of "those" games for me.  You know the ones - you feel you absolutely must have them...but then never play them.  So now I'm thinking should I get the upgrade bundle on sale (because I absolutely must have it) or should I save my cash (because I won't play it any more than I do the original)?

I hate to say it, I have fallen into that camp as well.....however, I am vowing to really play this game after the new version comes out...it is absolutely the type of game I should love so not sure why I hold back sometimes.  Time will tell, but I am for sure buying it:)

Yep, yep, yep.  Bought HTTR tried it sold it, bought it again never played much sold it again.  I should have really bought COTA because I lived on Crete for awhile so it interests me, but I didn't.  Now I really should get it as it seems a deal, and I'd like to support them.  The problem is it's not like board games, you can't just throw it in your closet, and play it 15 years from now when you've finally retired and finally have the time. lol
Stolen elections have consequences.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 31, 2015, 09:53:18 AM
Saw this posted by the dev at the official forums.....maybe getting close to the new version in our hands, right on the heels of CMBS.  Busy and expensive times:)

"Got the final icons from Marc von Martial today. I will incorporate these on Monday and then package things up for LNL to work up the installer. Yeeha! "

Just a quick update on this....the beta that is coming out soon is just the core engine and (3) scenarios.....the actual big bundle with all the past content still has to be converted and the developer suggested it would minimally be a couple of weeks.  It still will be fun to get a sneak peek at the new updates with the included scenarios.

Dimitris

Quote from: Con on January 26, 2015, 07:56:07 PM
I find command ops to be like a nice cozy well worn sweater now. I have put the time in to really push myself to the top of the learning curve. Now I am intrigued to see CO2 and explore the differences. It stays on a permanent spot on my hard drive always one click away when I get frustrated playing another game (looking at you CMANO)

Don't be shy, tell us what's giving you a hard time :) . (Preferably on the CMANO thread so that we can track any issues easier).

Thanks!
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Grim.Reaper

Looks like the beta release is expected this next week...let's hope it keeps to schedule....from what I can tell there will be five modules, each ranging in $30-$35 price range, but a commander pack which includes all five will also be available for purchase, which initially will only be $50 for first 90 days....after that, the commander pack will minimally cost a $100 or more.

Even if you don't want the modules, you can still download the main game engine with a few scenarios for free.....looking forward to getting deeper into this game with this new release, hopefully future content will come out more readily since looking forward to new stuff versus what has already been released.

-budd-

I'll be picking this up[again :)].... looking forward to mounted ops in the east front modules. Wonder if it would be ok to give away the older versions, hate to see them just languish.I'll never re-install after buying the new ones. Opinions: can i give them away with a clean conscious? I have all 3 and would like someone to enjoy them.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Rekim on March 08, 2015, 07:09:23 PM
Quote from: RyanE on February 27, 2015, 03:23:10 PM
Looks like public beta early next week...

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/sitrep.1107/page-9

I believe CO2 is being released next week...not beta

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/sitrep.1107/page-11#post-4708

Pretty sure it will be considered a public beta upon release....quote from developer during the process.

SITREP 1640 Tuesday 24 Feb 2015

Good news folks. I have finally squashed this stack overflow crash bug and fixed the map zooming issue. they were inter-related. I am just uploading now the stuff to LNL. They will work up their installer. We'll test it and then it should be right to go out to you all as a public beta.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

I have to say the first release with the new company didn't feel much different than past releases with matrix based on the delays (believe originally was supposed to be released before Xmas) and then issues with building installers and the store front.  Hopefully, just a one time experience with releasing the first version under the new company versus being the normal process since one of my hopes with the new company was more timely releases of updates and new content.

Even with that said, still looking forward to it and will be picking it up near release, just might wait a little bit to ensure no issues with the install process since new.