The Vainglory of Grogheads - Pride of Nations PBEM AAR

Started by undercovergeek, September 11, 2014, 03:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

The good news is that I was able to roll back to v1.03e and we can continue the game.  The bad news is that all the nice fixes to events in 1.04 are gone so we'll end up with more messages like the first one on this list.  I know something bad is about to happen in the Caucasus.  I just don't know what.

undercovergeek

i have handbags to make!!!

and i never get garbled messages like that - maybe its a russian thing

JasonPratt

Huh, the more things change the more they don't: Yemeni pirates threatening the Red Sea and Gulf of Oman again.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

How's the new patch going? It feels like the game may be stalling due to patch issue/compatibility.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Silent Disapproval Robot

Can't play with the new patch as it doesn't work with our PBEM game.

There's supposed to be a hotfix coming out any day now that cleans up some issues with fort garrisons mobilizing even when no enemies are around.

(UCG, you alive?)

undercovergeek

Incoming today - I'm moving house tomorrow but telecoms had switched service off early - back on now to send turn and off again tonight - should be straight back on at new place

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Silent Disapproval Robot

I didn't expect the newest update to work with our PBEM saved game but it seems to be working.  At least I'm not getting the instant crash that I was with the previous 1.04 updates.

So, do we want to try running the updated version?

Tuna

undercovergeek

Sorry boys I'm still alive - was all set to go today but forgot steam needed to be online - turn on its way tomorrow

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Tuna on January 30, 2015, 12:54:28 PM
Sure, do you have link for the patch?

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38402-PON-1-04-public-beta-patch-RC5-updated-Jan29-2015

It takes a long time for the installer to indicate that it's doing anything so just sit back and let it do its thing rather than backing out.  I think it was 7-8 minutes before I saw any indication that anything was happening in the install window.

Tuna

Yay, they fixed the buttons on the production page!  O0

Silent Disapproval Robot

They've fixed some of the events as well.

Now this happened.  Stupid game.  Making me look stuff up and learn things....

JasonPratt

He looks like someone who likes expensive handbags.  >:D