Steam Year in Review

Started by Jarhead0331, December 18, 2023, 03:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Love these stats...

95 games played (51 of which were new releases)
83 Achievements unlocked
Most played games - Cyberpunk 2077 (14% of play time)
                    Warhammer 40,000 Battlesector (9% of play time)
                    Aliens Dark Descent (8% of play time)
                    Delta V Rings of Saturn (6% of play time)
                    Arma 3 (5% of play time)
You are what you play - Warhammer 40K, Cyberpunk, Space, Mechs, World War II, Flight
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Hmm...

73 games played, 23 new releases...154 achievements unlocked...longest streak - 18 days where 15 different games were played [dead of winter - January 9 - January 27].

God of War: 12%
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition 9%
Mafia: Definitive Edition: 6%
Old World: 6%
Baldur's Gate 3: 6%

Favorite genres: Open world, tactical rpg, survival horror, souls-like, fps, long beach walks.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

45 games played (14 of which were new releases)
208 Achievements unlocked
Most played games:
                     Jagged Alliance 3 (18% of play time)
                    Chivalry II (14% of play time)
                    Aliens: Fireteam (10% of play time)
                    Wasteland 3 (7% of play time)
                    Destroyer: U-Boat Hunter (4% of play time)
You are what you play - WWII, Naval Combat, Massively Multiplayer, Tactical RPG, Conspiracy, Space.

Gusington

^Got Destroyer in my cart right now waiting for Thursday  :tophat:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Gusington

^Thank you! You gaming vixen.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I am 99% sure I have more time in some non-Steam games. 

I play a lot of War Thunder, especially naval.

The new destroyer vs U-boat mode is crazily popular if Destroyer doesn't moisten the loins, Gus.

It's a bit too busy for my personal tastes but the vast majority of players love it.  I really like small PT boat vs. PT boat fights best, but that's the least popular sadly.

Gusington

Thanks SDR...downloading Destroyer as I type. It cost me less than a pizza thanks to Grim.

I also know I must have other games that took up more than 12% of my total gaming time, like PanzerCorps 2 the last few weeks.

So I wonder when Steam stopped counting.

I also have Boat Crew in my shopping cart, waiting for Thursday.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Yeah... There's no question non-steam games gobble the majority of my game time. Primarily, DCS, most Quest VR titles and anything played through MS game pass, UPlay, Epic, etc.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^Yeah UPlay takes up time with me as does Battlenet and EA (formerly Origin).

Damn I have a lot of games  :Nerd:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Yep, this used to be a cool little feature (still is for fun), but with so many different game delivery platforms nowadays, impossible to track all of our gaming habits.  Seems nowadays most of my time is not on Steam games, even playing my console and VR device more.

Looking at my own profile, kind of makes me scratch my head on what I am doing nowadays.  Always have been an impulse buyer but I might be getting to the point where I don't simply have time to play all the games I purchase and really doesn't make sense to continue doing it.  But of course I have a problem and won't stop but does make me think:)

- 78 total games played
- 54 new games
- 52% of my play time was on new games (no surprise as I usually buy new shiny things and only play small amount of time)

Geezer

17 played (10 new)
56 achievements
717 sessions
47% New World
10% Last Epoch
7% Surviving Mars
7% Gal Civ 4
7% Satisfactory 8
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

bobarossa

You guys will disown me for this mediocre list
7 games played (3 new)
9 achievements
49% Hex of Steel (all of November)
39% Civ 5
9% Medieval Total War 2
No steam gaming at all for March through May (probably Shadow Empire)

Father Ted

32 games played
13 new games
5 achievements
29% CMFI
16% Dwarf Fortress
9% CMBN
6% Shadow Empire

...but most of my time was spent in IL2 BoX

Do I get an award for the groggiest list?

Bardolph

Apparently 50% of my time in Steam games this past year was in BattleBit, I played it solid for about 3 months. Good shooter, a little fast paced for my aging reflexes but brains can occasionally beat twitch muscles. The scale of the battles is awesome. Maps are probably still too big for the number of players but that seems to be common in the genre. Always amused me a bit in ARMA or Hell Let Loose to be playing with roughly a platoon's worth of guys on a battalion or even regimental frontage.
 Next highest was Second Front, most of that time was spent messing with the editor.

Like other folks here I seem to have spent more time gaming somewhere other than Steam, which surprised me. I've been a Steam user for a long time and have spent way too much time there in games like ARMA and the old INSMOD. Feels odd to find out I've spent more gaming time elsewhere.