Well... 2016 continues to suck...

Started by Barthheart, June 25, 2016, 03:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts. It does help.
:)
What a great community we have here.  O0

airboy

Sorry for the loss of your father.  May he find peace and joy in heaven.

Silent Disapproval Robot

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Greybriar

Sorry to learn of the loss of your father. :'(  I extend my sincere sympathy.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

mirth

Heartfelt condolences to you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Freyland

I'm sorry for your loss, Barthheart. 

Arctic Blast

Sorry for your loss, Vance.

On the plus side, it sounds like he lived a good, full life. We should all be so lucky.

MikeGER

Pinetree

Mate, my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Kia Kaha. Kia Mana.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Barthheart

Thanks again everyone for the kind words and good thoughts.
Yer all a great bunch.  O0

Sir Slash

So sorry to hear of your loss Barth. He sounds like a guy I wish I could've met and had a couple of stiff-ones with and told a lie or two. Maybe heard a funny story about the little Barth-baby too. I lost my Father in 1993 but there's not a day goes by I don't think about him. Especially if I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing-- for some reason. But never forget, he lives on in you and any siblings you may have. And if you have any children, expect him to show-up again and again in them. When that happens, you tell them, "When I was your age MY Father would have....."  You're in our thoughts and prayers.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Belated condolences from me, Vance.  My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Barthheart

Thanks guys. I'm traveling home today. Was a nice service and great to see a bunch of his friends at the wake we held. Lots of fun stories and great memories.
My sister is there for a couple of weeks with his wife and we'll be going back at Christmas to be with her.
:)

GDS_Starfury

Fuck being sorry!  sounds like he had an awesome life and raised a great kid.

Celebrate that!

how many people have a kid that will eventually blow up the world with a black hole?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.