Steam Summer Sale - DAMAGE Thread

Started by PanzersEast, June 23, 2016, 09:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

Quote from: CptHowdy on June 27, 2016, 12:10:11 PM
anyone had issues trying to purchase something today? mine isnt going through and ive got money in the bank!!! checking here to see if steam issue before i call bank

I haven't purchased anything today but when I tried purchasing some games from Steam the other day, it took several attempts before my purchase went through. I expect Steam is getting hammered due to the sale. I can only suggest you do as I did and keep trying until your order goes through.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

CptHowdy

Quote from: Greybriar on June 27, 2016, 12:24:14 PM
Quote from: CptHowdy on June 27, 2016, 12:10:11 PM
anyone had issues trying to purchase something today? mine isnt going through and ive got money in the bank!!! checking here to see if steam issue before i call bank

I haven't purchased anything today but when I tried purchasing some games from Steam the other day, it took several attempts before my purchase went through. I expect Steam is getting hammered due to the sale. I can only suggest you do as I did and keep trying until your order goes through.

got it fixed. my bank was blocking it as part of their "fraud protection". answered a few questions to prove who i was and they unlocked the card. damage done was $53.09!!

picked up EU4 and some dlc, some CK2 dlc, marvel heroes civil war starter pack and X3 albion prelude

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Hofstadter on June 27, 2016, 08:25:17 AM
If you like the Alien films. Get Dusker.

Trust me, just get it. I got hard.
Thanks for the recommendation. I like the look of this so I bought it  O0
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

I got the Invisible, Inc. expansion.   $2.20 after the bits in my wallet.

Breakin the bank!

Debated picking up the second TOME expansion, but I still have plenty left to do with what I have.  Same for Pillars Of Eternity x-pacs, which were rather pricey in the first place.

Shelldrake

7 Days to Die is currently on my list so that I can get in on some MP fun with grogs.  O0
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

FlickJax

Pike and Shot campaigns, cant get no more....mustn't get no more......

sandman2575

Quote from: Gusington on June 26, 2016, 10:32:58 AM
Flying Tigers - Shadows Over China - 10.71

Gus -- and this is a longshot, I know -- but have you played Flying Tigers? Thumbs up / down?

steve58

...so far, just grabbed HoI4 from GMG (yeah, I know, not a Steam sale), but it was a better deal due to their weekend sale (23% off).  Getting very close to getting Stellaris.  Just hoping my old CPU (2.66GHz :() can hold up...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

undercovergeek

£17 worth of CK2 DLC - mostly fluff but all the big updates except India and Conclave

Fetrik

I bought Warhammer hero quest 2.50
and Adom 15 (full price)

DennisS

ok..pulled the trigger on the complete Sentinels of the Multiverse, as well as the complete Rome: Total War II.

GREAT values, on both.

airboy

Quote from: Gusington on June 26, 2016, 02:31:23 PM
For Pillars of Eternity White March 1 & 2, do I have to do anything manually to install it? Steam tells me they will install automatically but Steam and the game itself is also telling me that they are not installed.

I had to uninstall and reinstall to get my downloads to work for whatever reason.  Might wish to make a copy of your save game files.

jamus34

Quote from: steve58 on June 27, 2016, 03:56:20 PM
...so far, just grabbed HoI4 from GMG (yeah, I know, not a Steam sale), but it was a better deal due to their weekend sale (23% off).  Getting very close to getting Stellaris.  Just hoping my old CPU (2.66GHz :() can hold up...

Steve - I can run both Stellaris and HOI4 and I'm on a I5-750 (2.66GHz cpu) too.

You shouldn't have too much of an issue...vid card is another story though.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

Thanks Airboy...I had to restart Steam.

Sandman I fired up Flying Tigers for just a minute to have a look around, that was it. Seems very slick and well produced though. Didn't get to any actual gameplay.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: jamus34 on June 27, 2016, 07:24:33 PM
Quote from: steve58 on June 27, 2016, 03:56:20 PM

Steve - I can run both Stellaris and HOI4 and I'm on a I5-750 (2.66GHz cpu) too.

You shouldn't have too much of an issue...vid card is another story though.

There is a notable difference between an i5 CPU rated for 2.66Ghz compared to some old chip, such as a Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz from ten years ago.

Be advised; the core speeds haven't been directly indicative of performance for awhile now, except between those of the same type/chipset.