Star Trek series coming in 2017

Started by steve58, November 02, 2015, 11:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Let's have a reboot of UFO and Space:1999 instead.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 26, 2016, 08:20:22 PM
Let's have a reboot of UFO and Space:1999 instead.

I'd love to see a reboot of Space: 1999. That was a surprisingly good sci-fi show, beneath all the cheese.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

+1 to Space: 1999. I had the ship toy as a kid; loved that show.

mirth

The Eagles were cool ships and they looked convincing.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

The show's name could be a problem, unless the developers deliberately go for a 'Yesterday's Tomorrow' kind of alt-hist premise

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Pinetree

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Pinetree on June 26, 2016, 09:26:14 PM
Space: 2099?

at the pace we're going 2099 is probably way more accurate.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

"The Invaders" from 1968 I think. On ABC TV. I held those damned rabbit-ear antennas in place for a solid hour to get to see it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 27, 2016, 11:13:19 AM
"The Invaders" from 1968 I think. On ABC TV. I held those damned rabbit-ear antennas in place for a solid hour to get to see it.

The small town I grew up in didn't even get ABC. That explains a lot of my personality issues.  :uglystupid2: I missed "The Invaders" and "Time Tunnel".

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

bbmike

I love the Time Tunnel! Tony and Doug stuck in the past and all they do is try their best to interfere with history. Save the Titanic! Save Abraham Lincoln! Paradoxes be damned!  :))
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

DoctorQuest

Quote from: bbmike on June 27, 2016, 02:05:07 PM
I love the Time Tunnel! Tony and Doug stuck in the past and all they do is try their best to interfere with history. Save the Titanic! Save Abraham Lincoln! Paradoxes be damned!  :))

And I could look at Lee Meriwether all day long.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

Yeah. That was another good one. I remember, it may not have been 1968, but I think it was that year, NBC Had Star Trek. ABC Had The Invaders. And CBS had the summer series, "The Prisoner" with Patrick Mc Goohan. THAT was a great Sci-Fy summer.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DoctorQuest

"The Prisoner" was great until the last episode and then it went the way of "Lost" and got completely and utterly WTF???????

Staggerwing

Quote from: DoctorQuest on June 27, 2016, 02:26:35 PM
"The Prisoner" was great until the last episode and then it went the way of "Lost" and got completely and utterly WTF???????

Was that the one where McGoohan ended up duking it out with the baddie while stumbling around inside half of a modular home riding on the back of a moving truck, headed down the road, while all the passing motorists watch the fight through the clear plastic covering the open side of the house?

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 27, 2016, 06:23:51 PM
Quote from: DoctorQuest on June 27, 2016, 02:26:35 PM

Was that the one where McGoohan ended up duking it out with the baddie while stumbling around inside half of a modular home riding on the back of a moving truck, headed down the road, while all the passing motorists watch the fight through the clear plastic covering the open side of the house?

Yup.