Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2

Started by Gusington, March 22, 2019, 08:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Bloodlines had no story connections to Redemption.

Bloodlines had a fantastic story and the combat system was enough to advance the story.

I'm neutral on the new game.  I hope it is good - but who knows.  If it is good, I'll get it.  If not, I won't.  Bloodlines made its mark through the interesting story and multiple ways to play.  Playing as a Malkavian (read insane) gave dialogue options that were quite different than playing as something else.  The overall story was really good. 

Unfortunately, most RPGs lack an interesting story arc.  The handful that have an interesting story arc tend to be more fondly remembered (and purchased for dimes on the dollar at gog and Steam) than RPGs with boring story arcs.

Tpek

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 22, 2019, 05:56:43 PM
Indeed. Bloodlines wasn't a sequel, exactly, as far as I know, but a new story told on a highly revamped version of the same BWA HA HA HA OH MY PUN MUSCLES, OW I STRAINED THEM, OW OW OW...!

Bloodlines had nothing to do with Redemption other than also being a CRPG based in the (Old) World of Darkness, and the Vampire part more specifically.

Not the same devs, publishers, engine or anything else involved.

JasonPratt

Well, a new version of the rule implementations, but I couldn't recall if it was also an updated version of the original engine, so I punted.

With a pun.

...I AM NOT SORRY!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ComradeP

It's not easy to say whether I liked Bloodlines or Redemption more, but I think I'll go with Redemption as it was more entertaining overall. Bloodlines had a pretty neat story, but was buggy even with patches. The schizophrenic Dukes of Hazzard-like girl's story segment was also a bit meh.

I fear this might become one of those cluttered HUD, hold your hand kind of games.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45