Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2

Started by Gusington, March 22, 2019, 08:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

On my phone so cannot link but Paradox have announced the coming of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. I personally was hoping for a more original title but still...exciting news.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

https://store.steampowered.com/app/532790/Vampire_The_Masquerade__Bloodlines_2/

I am extremely excited about it, even with its buggy release, it is still one of the best CRPGs to date.

Steelgrave

Very excited myself but it's tempered with remembering how buggy the original was at release. Still, Vampire-The Masquerade ended up as a really good game, so while this won't be a day one purchase for me, it will be on my watch list for sure.

Tpek

I just hope it will end up being at least half as good as the original, as the Steam Store's page isn't very reassuring, especially with lines like this:
You and your unique disciplines are a weapon in our forward-driving, fast-moving, melee-focussed combat system.

Pete Dero

Gusington

I must temper my own giggityness as well after being soul-crushed by Vampyr last year. I should probably try to play that again after changing my drawers with Resident Evil 7.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Never heard of the developer.  However I will keep an eye on this; I have pretty fond memories of the first game.

Gusington

One of the original creators of the 2004 original is back and working on this sequel.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I could be mistaken, but I think Airboy was a huge fan of the originals.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

I liked the first game a lot, played it to completion. Never got into the second game due to bugginess, though I bought it on sale long ago and I know where the various patch/updates are. (I think.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 22, 2019, 02:30:56 PM
Never got into the second game due to bugginess

Well, considering it won't be released for another year, it probably is quite buggy, yes! :D

Tpek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 22, 2019, 03:17:50 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on March 22, 2019, 02:30:56 PM
Never got into the second game due to bugginess

Well, considering it won't be released for another year, it probably is quite buggy, yes! :D

I believe, by "first game" he is referring to Vampire the Masquerade Redemption, a different CRPG set in the WoD.

JasonPratt

Indeed. Bloodlines wasn't a sequel, exactly, as far as I know, but a new story told on a highly revamped version of the same BWA HA HA HA OH MY PUN MUSCLES, OW I STRAINED THEM, OW OW OW...!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Interesting...I might just get a stake in this one.