Main Menu

The Division 2

Started by Tpek, March 15, 2019, 02:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

It seems counter-intuitive because it presents itself as a tactical, military shooter.  Bullet sponges feel wrong - at least initially.  I can completely sympathise and it put me off to begin with, too.  But after I got used to it I found myself absolutely loving the game.

In other news, I told Amazon to shove it up their arse, and got a copy elsewhere.  Also, wife+kids are about to go out for the afternoon!  See y'all in the Dark Zone!

jamus34

I agree the worst thing they did was brand it as a Clancy game. Rainbow Six this is not.

I was having issues yesterday with it. Ran ok when I was solo however I had 2 CTD and a hard lockup that required a reboot. I did upgrade my vid card driver last night so hoping that helps.
Insert witty comment here.

trek

What is the size of Division 2 on the PC? Division 1 was just under 50GB for me. Need to know as I'm running out of HD space.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: trek on March 16, 2019, 09:26:40 AM
What is the size of Division 2 on the PC? Division 1 was just under 50GB for me. Need to know as I'm running out of HD space.

It's about the same. I think 40 - 42 GB.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Kushan

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 16, 2019, 03:12:58 AM
I must say though: either I am getting old or this game is brutal in SP! The main missions are hard as nails.

I grouped for the few main missions I've done. They where tough in Division 1 and I wanted to see how the matchmaker was working. However I was also able to get through some of the settlement side missions solo with only a few minor hiccups.

Quote from: jamus34 on March 16, 2019, 09:21:48 AM
I was having issues yesterday with it. Ran ok when I was solo however I had 2 CTD and a hard lockup that required a reboot. I did upgrade my vid card driver last night so hoping that helps.

I've noticed some stutters that's made sniping really frustrating. Gone back to some combo of assault rifle/shotgun/machine gun for now. Had a few crashes as well. For now I'm chalking it up to MMO launch day issues that everyone of them has and hoping they get fixed.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Huw the Poo

As usual nobody's bothering to use voice chat on PS4 and I'm just talking to myself.  ::)

Do randoms use voice chat on PC?

Kushan

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 16, 2019, 11:23:23 AM
As usual nobody's bothering to use voice chat on PS4 and I'm just talking to myself.  ::)

Do randoms use voice chat on PC?

I usually mute voice chat. Too many kids who leave their microphone constanly on blasting music or tv/movie in the background. In my experience its hasn't really been needed for the PvE content.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

jamus34

I'm either solo or playing with friends so either my mike is on but I'm in a private party or it's off.

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 16, 2019, 03:30:54 AM
If I remember my time with Division 1 correctly, was this the game where it seemed like the enemy absorbed a ton of shots before dying?  If so, any improvement in that area?  I just remember being very frustrated how much ammo/shots it took to kill one thing.

As JH said, this is a feature.

I have mixed feelings on this matter. Reality versus expectation in a gaming environment, etc....BUT...some of my most intense gaming moments have come from drawn out firefights in The Division (1). Fighting against every hit point and using all of my assets and resources to stay alive and win.

Huw the Poo

I've only put about four hours in so far, but I have to say I'm thrilled with it.  I loved TD1, and this is basically v2.0 of it.  There are some differences of course, but overall it's a thoroughly enjoyable, exciting looter shooter with a large map containing shitloads to do and find.  For any fan of the first game it's a no-brainer.

I haven't encountered the DZ yet.  I'm the type of player to take my time and smell the roses along the way, so to speak.  However I have heard it's a lot harder for a lone rogue agent to take out a squad in TD2, which sounds good.  I'm looking forward to getting there eventually.

Have any of you fully supplied a friendly control point yet, i.e. complete its "project"?  I'm working on one now - I hope it's worth it because I could be using these supplies for crafting!

jamus34

So I had to drop to dx11. So far that's seems to help with stability. That said I've never had crashing problems like I have with this.

But really enjoying the game so far.

Apocalypse 31

I wish Ghost Recon Wildlands had followed suit with The Division.

The operations center with contract missions gave TD a totally functional end game.

And the cover system in TD is amazing

Huw the Poo

Well, playing on the PS4 I haven't had a single crash yet (I'm at level 6 now).  However the skills bug is getting really annoying.  It just cost me a bounty because I started it right at the end of doing a mission so I didn't have any armour refills left, and I couldn't deploy my sodding fixer drone.  I put up a brave fight, but with no armour refills I just couldn't manage it and had to leg it.

What weapons are y'all using?  Currently I favour a rifle - not the automatic kind - because I like the stopping power coupled with good stability.  My secondary is alternately my Lullaby shotgun and a sniper rifle.  The latter doesn't get as much use though, because I don't like the momentary black screen when entering scoped mode; it's brief but enough for me to lose a distant target.

spelk

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 17, 2019, 01:24:16 PM
Have any of you fully supplied a friendly control point yet, i.e. complete its "project"?  I'm working on one now - I hope it's worth it because I could be using these supplies for crafting!

Huw, they're constantly dwindling, eating up the resources stashed there, to produce the friendly soldiers protecting the place and carrying food supplies about. But you can get the 50/50 resources donated completed, its more about how much you donate rather than getting the Control Point to a 100/100/100 position. Also, in the early game completing the Project for an area, unlocks a time dependant Boss mission. If you fail it, it disappears until another Project calls on it, I think.

Kushan

I really dislike that armor kits don't refill at rearm boxes only in a safe zone.

I've been using an assault rifle as my primary. Using a Police m4 Replica right now, with near maxed out stability. Hits for about 50 less than the FAL it replaced buts it has 200 more RPM and a 30 round magazine. For my second weapon I've been switching between a rifle with a 12x scope and a machine gun depending on the zone or the mission I'm doing. I was using a shotgun for awhile but I think I prefer the ability to suppress along with the close in stopping power of the MG.

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat