Heathen Engineering's Terran

Started by steve58, November 16, 2016, 10:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Just saw this on Steam.  The one thing that really caught my eye was the "real time control of a massive capital class warship" :wow:.  Will be keeping my eye on this very ambitious, oddly named title. Still very much in early access and apparently there is no real play at this point.

Set in the distant future, man has evolved beyond flesh and bone and is now one with the machine.
Your journey starts as a young Terran pilot, taking your first steps into the galaxy. You are free to join or form factions, corporations, bounty hunter gangs, or even crime syndicates as you forge your own story in a living, evolving galaxy. Whether you fly solo or with a massive fleet, take a role in government or start a corporation, the galaxy and game-play will respond in kind to your choices and performance.

DESIGN YOUR OWN SHIPS
Build your ship from an expanding array of parts in any of the 13 capital class categories. Research, manufacture, buy, steal and discover new parts. Assemble killer ships and even share them with your friends.

COMMAND & CONTROL
Receive and issue tactical orders in real-time combat. Relationships, culture, and individual persona effect how your forces will respond to your orders. Objectives can be issued but loyalty determines how - or if - they will be followed.

CAPITAL SHIP COMBAT
Take direct real time control of a massive capital class warship and participate in single ship, wing, flotilla, division and full fleet actions. From the agile corvette well under a hundred meters long to the huge Gar which can exceed 2,000 meters what you fly has a major impact on how you fly.

CIVILIZATION MANAGEMENT
Become the leader of a world, system, sector, region or the whole galaxy! You can join and rise in the ranks or form your own government, corporation, crime syndicate or bounty hunter team. Grow and expand through military power, business savvy or political tenacity.

GALACTIC QUESTS
The galaxy is always evolving, reacting to NPCs and you. Events are always right at your fingertips with zero time aimlessly flying through in empty space. How you choose to engage in events if at all will guide the continuous evolution of your story.

BUILT TO MOD
Expand your galaxy with the Terran Software Developer Kit, a free (and included) package for use with the Unity 3D game engine allowing you to author simple changes or massive mods with the same tools used by the developers.

NATIVE VR SUPPORT
Built in and ready to go support for popular VR headsets as well as traditional screen play. Terran; designed with keyboard / mouse and or controller + screen or headset, you choose how you play.
Features based on emerging technology; specific requirements will vary as those technologies mature.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

Quote from: steve58 on November 16, 2016, 10:30:09 AM
Just saw this on Steam.  The one thing that really caught my eye was the "real time control of a massive capital class warship" :wow:.  Will be keeping my eye on this very ambitious, oddly named title. Still very much in early access and apparently there is no real play at this point.

So they're selling concepts as "Early Access" now?

???

steve58

Apparently, but probably not the first Steam title release as such...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Jarhead0331

I've been watching this one for awhile now and have not seen much progress. That, combined with the relatively high price point has led me to hold off.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Freyland

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 16, 2016, 11:26:56 AM
I've been watching this one for awhile now and have not seen much progress. That, combined with the relatively high price point has led me to hold off.

From the intro:

"You are.... a pilot"

"You are.... a hero"

You are.... a destroyer"

You are..... a twinkle in the developer's eye

mbar

So this has released March 21st, 2019. Having a heck of a time finding any real game play footage though.

CJReich46

Screen shots...daaaaang.  :o

Btw Space Game Junkie is doing a play of this: 

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

mbar

The Space Game Junkie page on Steam is not recommending this game. Dang. I like me a good space game.

Gusington

My kingdom for capital ship combat.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Apparently, the game was completely redesigned from the ground-up, converting it from some kind of a third-person action space combat game to a 4x, more or less. I have no faith that there is much to look at here, and especially not at the price. The developer seems like his own worst enemy here.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

FarAway Sooner

So you're saying that, after he looked at his first build, he decided that he needed to be Terran' it apart?

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd