Gloomhaven

Started by acctingman, December 05, 2017, 01:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: BanzaiCat on June 22, 2018, 07:25:03 AM
I'd love a copy of this, but as I've still not bothered to learn Sword & Sorcery, I can't justify it.

The S&S rules looked like a schizophrenic nightmare when I glanced at them. 

Turned me off buying it at the time.  Oddly, I have their previous (alien) game and I thought it was pretty straightforward.  :crazy2:

BanzaiCat

I'm hoping there's some rules re-writes on the 'Geek but I've not been motivated enough to go check it out yet.

acctingman

I think I'll keep my copy because as a co-op game I think it would shine. Single player....no

airboy

I played Diskworld: Ankh-Morpork and Betrayal at Baldurs Gate at Origins.  I just got Lords of Waterdeep because it looked like what I was interested in that was still in print (Ahkh-Morpork is out of print).  I also have Revolution! which is wonderful.

What is so great about Gloomhaven that has got some of you so excited?

BanzaiCat

^ What do you think of Betrayal at Baldur's Gate?

I've not seriously considered it for my collection as it has the whole traitor angle going on and that's not really conducive to solo play, but maybe I overlooked something.

airboy

Quote from: BanzaiCat on June 25, 2018, 07:16:04 AM
^ What do you think of Betrayal at Baldur's Gate?

I've not seriously considered it for my collection as it has the whole traitor angle going on and that's not really conducive to solo play, but maybe I overlooked something.

If you liked Betrayal at House on the Hill, the Baldurs Gate version has better mechanics.  I don't like either game enough to purchase.

BanzaiCat

I own Betrayal...I feel like I could play it solo...but I've never played it. :(

Thanks, I might have Baldur's back on my radar at some point.