Consolidated Syria Conflict Thread

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, September 19, 2015, 04:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 19, 2018, 12:05:50 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 19, 2018, 09:30:45 AM
...um, link?

it was a FB post a friend shared, so limited vis outside of that audience

Drat. I was about to lose a week's worth of productive time backchecking the articles from wherever.  :'(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Those were far less entertaining, but thx.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 19, 2018, 04:12:33 PM
Those were far less entertaining, but thx.  O0

well, pretty much anything was going to be less entertaining...  :D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

So, the lesson from this is that if USAF has air superiority, then the BUFF will rule the battlefield. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

GDS_Starfury

name one country that can actually challenge US air dominance?
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 20, 2018, 09:29:42 PM

No one that I can think of.  However, a few countries, Russia, China, Norks, maybe Iran, would give a try.  Or at least make it difficult for the BUFFs to do their thing without more worry/support. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 20, 2018, 09:29:42 PM

Domination of Draka?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

Nobody provided the U.S. has planes that can actually fly when they're supposed to and pilots to man them which lately hasn't been a sure thing.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

Let's be honest - no one has really tried to challenge US air dominance since Korea.  Even the Vietnamese didn't send up a whole lot of planes to fight back.

What would it look like if the Russians actually started shooting back with all their AA in support of their aircraft engaging us?

bayonetbrant

Windigo

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 21, 2018, 06:01:42 AM
The Kremlin has decided to turn their disinformation machine on the White Helmets in Syria

https://medium.com/dfrlab/syriahoax-part-two-kremlin-targets-white-helmets-c6ab692d4a21

They are targeting hospitals so this is no surprise... expected really.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

The Iraqi Air Force put on a great show during the first Gulf War...by flying to Iran to hide.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 21, 2018, 05:32:26 AM
Let's be honest - no one has really tried to challenge US air dominance since Korea.  Even the Vietnamese didn't send up a whole lot of planes to fight back.

What would it look like if the Russians actually started shooting back with all their AA in support of their aircraft engaging us?

you do realize that we have more tankers then their entire operational air force right.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.