Main Menu

Recent posts

Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by JasonPratt - Today at 08:22:13 AM
Quote from: Gusington on Today at 07:09:42 AMWith so many 'Jesus Christ Russia' moments over the last two years+ I just don't know what to expect.

{checking the horizon occasionally for Jesus Christ} {just in case!}
Computer Gaming / Re: 40k Custodes - Who here ha...
Last post by JasonPratt - Today at 08:19:31 AM
At the end of the day, it isn't going to affect me in the slightest if I want to fire up the original EA Space Hulk on DosBox, or the latest build of Ultimate Apocalypse on Soulstorm, or finally catch up with that fleet management game I've owned since whenever, or any of the umpteen 40K games I own. It's just intrusive for no good organic lore reason. Like if I bought 25% of GW stock and insisted they start introducing actual trinitarian Christian theology into their cosmology instead of only borrowing its bling for flavor: fans (even the significant number of Christian ones!) would rightly complain that I should save that for my own fanfic.

That said, I was listening to orthodox hymns from various cultures while working on project quotes this morning, and suddenly realized the most important and epic "neckbeards" in the actual game lore would VERY MUCH INSIST that Adeptas Sororitas are not and cannot be Astartes. With literal flaming of dissenters as heretics. :Nerd:
Last post by undercovergeek - Today at 07:24:05 AM
Quote from: Gusington on Today at 07:05:49 AMAt the end of the day, as grogs, don't we just want everyone to stfu and go away anyway? As long as people play nice who really cares. I do recognize the value of balance that JH is talking about above in addition to what 'Geek mentioned but as I age...I just want everyone to stfu, calm down and chill. Go have an edible or something. I am at the end of me caring about the entire 'us vs. them' dichotomy, which this boils down to basically.

'Can't we all just get along?'

In a way that was the essence of my post - on the flip side of your peace and harmony everywhere is my I don't care what you're doing as long as it's over there

But occasionally my piss boils when I read in a few comments sections that there are people who don't even know what the franchise is never mind the lore who are just jumping on the woke wagon as it rumbles by - 'there's something without women in it?????'

By their own admission they've never played, never will, but it's there to be protested against so protest they must

I hope one day they put all their energy into something they truly don't understand that is so deplorable and despicable to be a part of just so they can say there now were included and then go - fuck!

Something like stars men only mankini wearing painting and decorators club
Last post by GDS_Starfury - Today at 07:16:15 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on Today at 02:48:46 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on Yesterday at 10:24:01 PMI just remember the issues with our nukes in Germany in the 80's.  I get that it's different countries and eras but I just don't see us basing nukes in Poland.  they're quite happy in England Scotland and Montana.
FTFY

sub stuff is at Faslane but I thought we had some party poppers at Lakenheath as well.
Last post by Gusington - Today at 07:09:42 AM
Is Russia still re-writing their nuke use policy? How serious would they take the basing of new nukes in Poland? Would they strike first because they felt seriously threatened by the new Polish deployment?

With so many 'Jesus Christ Russia' moments over the last two years+ I just don't know what to expect.
Last post by Gusington - Today at 07:05:49 AM
At the end of the day, as grogs, don't we just want everyone to stfu and go away anyway? As long as people play nice who really cares. I do recognize the value of balance that JH is talking about above in addition to what 'Geek mentioned but as I age...I just want everyone to stfu, calm down and chill. Go have an edible or something. I am at the end of me caring about the entire 'us vs. them' dichotomy, which this boils down to basically.

'Can't we all just get along?'
Current Events / Re: Israel
Last post by JasonPratt - Today at 06:46:49 AM
^ I expected something along that line and still lol'd harder than I thought I would.
Last post by JasonPratt - Today at 06:42:22 AM
The Scots are already living nuclear weapons for FREEEEEDOMMMMM!  :cool:
Last post by JasonPratt - Today at 06:31:41 AM
It's just lazy, and being imposed by stockholder requirements. Instead of introducing a creative narrative reason that this has started happening (like revising the backstories for the Necrons and Eldar), GM opted for "always were female Custodes."

In fact there had been for a while, the Sisters of Silence. But that wasn't good enough, I guess?

It could make sense enough: these are high ranking children of nobles being put through the process; although the genetic modification steps still seem to be based on originally male genetic material, so... isn't that why the Sisters of Battle (Adeptas Soroitas) can't be Space Marines? But they do very respectably well with what they can do (and narratively tend to overcompensate, which is good dramatic coloring.) So this is basically saying, hey, all you who like the Sisters, surprise, they could have been real Space Marines the whole time and always could have been, but aren't for no reason, so there?

Again, it's just sloppy for depressing reasons, to please people who don't really care about the franchise property as such (like Blackrock and Vanguard).

Quote from: solops on Today at 05:18:01 AMAnd i would note that plants are people, too.

People who like to go WAAAAAGGGHHH!  :cool:

My favorite humorous comment on one of the video threads I've seen, is that Tyranids have been predominately 'female' for a while, and no one cares!
Last post by solops - Today at 05:18:01 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on Today at 03:15:59 AMI think to a certain degree it has nothing to do with female space marines and more to do with meeting up with your friends at a club or a garage and getting away from all the shit that compulsory diversity and woke-ism brings in an average working day and all the other crap that comes with real life because you've come to play soldiers to get away from all that and here in the microcosm of 40k it didn't exist and it was you and your army and your friends and now it's invading that bit of peace and quiet you had from the world

Don't get me wrong - I'm neither for or against - you do you over there and I'll do me over here

Like the vegans of this world - you can do that and I'll eat meat but don't be a dick and stand outside my restaurant calling me a flesh eating murderer

As I get older I realise the best most peaceful form of inclusivity is not to include any fucker at all
+1
And i would note that plants are people, too.