Jarhead0331

Quote from: Hofstadter on May 11, 2019, 08:21:33 AM
I'm Australian!!

Yeah. That's what I said. Same thing, just the criminal element.  :2funny:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I don't know how I feel about Hof being Australian...this changes everything.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Is Australia a German colony?! ...though come to think of it, it does use an ancient name for the east Frankish area, "Australasia".

In other news, the forum engine is somehow groggy enough to recognize "Australasia" as a real word!  :o
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Anguille

MetalDog

Quote from: Anguille on May 11, 2019, 01:21:14 AM
Great song!

Quote from: W8taminute on May 10, 2019, 07:32:17 AM
I'll be playing a mod for Civ III Conquests, some Pax Nova, and probably Uboat.  Other than that I'll be spending time with family over the Mother's Day weekend.

Funny, i am playing the rise of Rome scenario in CIV III Conquests with Carthage....also continue my Spartan campaign

I haven't played Civ III since W8 and me pbem'd a game.  Must be six or seven years ago.  Picked it up a while ago for almost free on Steam.  May have to load it up again...
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

IICptMillerII

Such a fantastic song. Call me a nerd, but it always reminds me of World in Conflict (one of my favorite games) as it was featured a few times throughout the campaign. So much great nostalgia!

As for games, this weekend is a bit helter skelter for me, though I'll likely squeeze in some Combat Mission. I'll also likely fire up CMANO as I've been reading the new book Northern Fury which is heavily based on/inspired by Command. For those of you who like technothrillers I would recommend it. The writing and build up are good and its been an engaging story so far.

I'll also try to publish the next section of my CM AAR before the end of the weekend. Things start to ramp up.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

jamus34

I'm partial to the Gary Jules version but i can respect the original. I grabbed a bunch of stuff on sale (stellaris megacorp and apocalypse, no man's sky, surviving mars from Humble and far cry 5 from fanatical)

I'm a bachelor for the next 24 hours or so...cooking a steak dinner for myself currently and will play some or all of my purchases plus some AC Odyssey and Witcher 3.
Insert witty comment here.

Moreb

Australasia has always been at war with Oceania.
When dongles fly? - mirth

IICptMillerII

Whoops, meant to say that Tears for Fears is featured in World in Conflict, not the song Mad World. The song that's featured in the game is "Everybody Wants to Rule the World." Oh well, close enough I suppose  ;D Still a great song by a great band!

Sir Slash

Australians are the same as British except for the parts, 'down under'.  <:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Huw the Poo

I just acquired Watch Dogs from Humble for about £3 so I will probably have a look at that today as well.

airboy

This weekend I played Lords of Waterdeep on the PC (steam) and played a game of Mansions of Madness 2 with my wife.  We barely managed to close the gate before the Star Spawn of Cthulhu ate us.  She really enjoyed it and wants to play other cooperative games.

W8taminute

Quote from: MetalDog on May 11, 2019, 02:20:52 PM
Quote from: Anguille on May 11, 2019, 01:21:14 AM
Great song!

Quote from: W8taminute on May 10, 2019, 07:32:17 AM
I'll be playing a mod for Civ III Conquests, some Pax Nova, and probably Uboat.  Other than that I'll be spending time with family over the Mother's Day weekend.

Funny, i am playing the rise of Rome scenario in CIV III Conquests with Carthage....also continue my Spartan campaign

I haven't played Civ III since W8 and me pbem'd a game.  Must be six or seven years ago.  Picked it up a while ago for almost free on Steam.  May have to load it up again...

I remember that MD!  Wow that was a long time ago.  We also had a pretty good Civ IV game going to until Bismarck bailed on us.  You should load it up and try some mods for it.  Civ III vanilla is kind of boring but when you play it modded it's a ton of fun.

Anguille that is funny.  I'm playing The Cold War Deluxe scenario.  There is a utility that someone made over at CivFanatics that allows you to hotseat up to 32 nations in one game.  I'm currently using it to play 8 civs in the Cold War scenario. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk