Steel Division 1944 (by wargame red dragon devs) in game trailer and unit stream

Started by Destraex, March 29, 2017, 07:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Looks like Eugen staff went on strike.
Google Translate:

Hello,
As you read in the press and on social networks, 21 of the 44 employees of Eugen Systems
have been on strike since February 14 afternoon. It seemed necessary to provide some elements
to understand the situation.

The working week at Eugen Systems is 38.5 hours. As specified in each contract
the gross annual remuneration of each employee includes, on the one hand, the remuneration for
35 hours of work, as well as any overtime hours within the limit of 1.72 hours per
week. In addition, each employee has 1 day of RTT per month, which he can
take when he wants, even by half-day.

Payrolls, which are usually sent on time to employees, have been
exceptionally sent late for the January pay. On the one hand because of the
simplification of the pay statement related to the latest legislative reforms involving complications
for the preparation of pay slips. On the other hand an update on the presentation of newsletters
to mention the actual hours completed. As such, each employee received a letter
explanatory.
The wages were paid on time at the usual pay date.

We would like to point out that the company Eugen Systems perfectly respects the minimum wages
for all employees, and in any case made regularizations when it was
necessary.
We noticed an error update on the payslip of 2 employees, which will be well
obviously corrected on the payroll of February 2018.
There is no crunch culture at Eugen Systems. It happened once, in 2010 during the
publication of RUSE, that the management requests 3 employees to stay to work one day,
a Saturday: This day of work helped to ensure the stability of the servers and the smooth running of the
launch of the game. Since then we have released 5 games, and this never happened again.

Finally, the Directorate endeavors to communicate with the staff representatives during the
meetings, and internal discussions are currently underway regarding the classification of
some employees. They will continue until an agreement is reached.
As exchanged with staff delegates at the meeting of December 2017, Eugen
Systems organizes, starting next week, the annual and professional interviews of
collaborators, which will allow a time of exchange with each one.
Thank you for your attention,

Eugen Systems
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

I translated it anyways. Just because I am always interested to know things. :P

Destraex

https://www.factornews.com/interview/strike-division-page-1-43805.html

"Google translate:

Valentine's Day is loving couples who walk hand in hand, but sometimes it is also breaks. And sometimes, they are pretty brutal. Today, some twenty people in their fifties working at Eugen System, the Parisian studio responsible for R.U.S.E or more recently Steel Division, went on strike at midday. It has been some time since the discontent among the employees of the studio, dissatisfaction that crystallized today when employees discovered irregularities in the settlement of their January salary. The group of developers therefore decided to go on strike and meet to discuss their demands, which will be added to the already long list of grievances that exist between the management and the development teams, detailed in particular in a Mediapart article on working conditions in the French JV.

We were able to interview a person employed by the studio about this social movement, and this is what she told us.

Fern: The social movements in the companies of JV, it is rather rare anyway. What happened to get here?
Eugenie *: Since about one year, when our staff delegates came into office, we have reported irregularities in the running of the studio through their work: the minimum wages not always respected, the frictions with the creative direction of the projects developed in the business and the administrative management completely in the tear, among other things. We tried to establish a dialogue with the management of the studio to improve the situation, but she always refused to listen to us. Faced with this refusal to discuss, we called on a lawyer in the hope of reasoning the direction, especially on points of the Labor Code, and reframing the negotiations. After feeling that it had worked, with a slight improvement in the exchanges, we realized that the direction was just timed. Today, February 14, 2018, after receiving our pay slips 2 weeks late, the day after the release of the last DLC Steel Division, we found the result of the latest slam dated. This crystallized our fed up, and we spontaneously decided to go on strike at midday, which will be followed tomorrow.

F: Did the current events in the industry, such as the Quantic Dream affair or the creation of STJV, inspire you in this coup?
E: First and foremost, the election of staff delegates allowed us to speak with one voice to management. That's when we realized that the dialogue we tried to put in place was completely ignored as our fed up gradually turned into claims, then today into action. The release of the word in the industry and the surveys that have been published about Quantic Dream have only confirmed what we already suspected, namely that our situation was far from unique in the French studios.

F: To get ahead of the trolls, why talk about it now?
E: It's exactly like Duck PC said in his article, the industry is small and a sidelocation is quickly arrived. Individually, we are too exposed to make waves, but as a block, we fear less blows. Today, the trigger remains the burst of anger of the employees of the studio facing the latest maneuvers of management. But we do not want to stop the movement, and now we know that structures like the STJV are ready to support us in this kind of initiatives.

F: Thank you for answering our questions, I leave you the last word.
E: In the video game, we work by passion ...

* The first name has been changed."

Pete Dero

https://www.wargamer.com/articles/steel-division-2-announced/

Eugen Systems have just announced a sequel to their real-time tactical WW2 war game, Steel Division: Normandy '44.

Steel Division II, as it is currently known, is set on the Eastern Front and primarily covers Operation Bagration, which was fought between 22nd of June and 19th of August 1944 when the Red Army launched an offensive into Belorussia (present day Belarus).

glen55

I really enjoyed Steel Division as a singleplayer game (although the forum is dominated by MP talk). The new SP mode with a dynamic campaign and an army to command sounds like just what the dr ordered.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Jarhead0331

WANT!

Can't wait for another game that glorifies the supremacy of the German army!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

HoodedHorseJoe

No Paradox this time as far as I can tell - Eugen will probably self-publish unless they can get someone to help them further down the line.

Shame really, I thought PDX and Eugen could have worked well together but a lot of things seem to have not gone quite right. Would be interested in knowing who decided they should part ways.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

acctingman

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 25, 2018, 11:17:50 AM
RTS Is not my thing but this looks good!

With ya Slash. Game is gorgeous but RTS and me just do not mix. Even in slow mo mode. Hell, maybe I just need to suck it up and try again  :uglystupid2:

Skoop

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 25, 2018, 10:54:20 AM
WANT!

How so ?  The Germans were slaughtered at Bagration.  Unless there's sarcasm there I didn't quite get.

All kidding aside, the Eugen games get flak for nerfing weapons or overpowering weapons for the sake of MP balance over historical accuracy.

The good news is that the SP campaign sounds like an instant purchase and what was lacking from the first one.  If you are only playing SP, there are mods that will turn off the balancing and add more realism to the weapons / vehicles.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Skoop on July 25, 2018, 11:29:31 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 25, 2018, 10:54:20 AM
WANT!

How so ?  The Germans were slaughtered at Bagration.  Unless there's sarcasm there I didn't quite get.

All kidding aside, the Eugen games get flak for nerfing weapons or overpowering weapons for the sake of MP balance over historical accuracy.

The good news is that the SP campaign sounds like an instant purchase and what was lacking from the first one.  If you are only playing SP, there are mods that will turn off the balancing and add more realism to the weapons / vehicles.

Yes. It was sarcasm. We were talking about WWII German army pr0n in another thread.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

sandman2575

Quote from: glen55 on July 25, 2018, 10:47:07 AM
The new SP mode with a dynamic campaign and an army to command sounds like just what the dr ordered.

Very much this.

Still not exactly sure why SD'44 never really caught fire -- definitely never seemed to have the fan-base that the Wargame titles had.  It's a superb game. But the lack of dynamic campaign was/is definitely a shortcoming. The sequel sounds like it could really be terrific.

Destraex

Be careful what you wish for. I suspect steel division was not as popular because it had a more restrictive .deck system and therefore more historical but less variety in decks. A Sherman is a Sherman is a Sherman. Weapons systems are fairly samish. I love it though. Still enjoy it regularly as a go to that most of my friends who still do t mi d a bit of real time stress enjoy. Steel division obviously did well enough to justify a number 2. I do wonder after the steel division strikes if that is why paradox cut them loose.