Of interest to Tolkien fans

Started by Greybriar, January 21, 2018, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

Yesterday I watched:
I highly recommend that Tolkien fans watch the movies in the order above. I enjoyed the films immensely.

Edit: Duplicate entry corrected, full titles added.
Edit #2: Links, years released and film lengths added from IMBd.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

bbmike

Great Scott! That's like 24 hours of viewing!  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Gusington

Fellowship of the Ring...twice? Do you mean The Hobbit for the first one?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

My daughter and I did the extended cuts of the original trilogy all in one day about ten years ago.  Awesome to behold.  Tiring beyond any reason to be tired.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

On a 11 hour flight from Tel Aviv to New York, I did all three of the original trilogy. Along with lots of pretzels.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Greybriar

Quote from: Nefaro on January 21, 2018, 06:14:20 PM
Did you get any sleep Gb?   :o

Not much. I started watching them about 8:30 a.m. and it was about 3 the next morning when I finished the last one.

Quote from: Gusington on January 21, 2018, 06:14:59 PM
Fellowship of the Ring...twice? Do you mean The Hobbit for the first one?

Sorry, Gus. I think my mind is still a little numb after watching all those movies. Post edited.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Gusington

I still haven't watched any of the Hobbit series...I don't know if I could watch all the movies in one sitting and not lose my mind.

"THEY'RE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO EISENGARD!"

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

I merely wanted full immersion. It isn't necessary to watch all those movies in one sitting. The main thing is to watch them in the order listed, Gus.

mirth

That's a lot of Hobbit Bromance for a single weekend.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

We have good stamina but require a lot of water.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Yep, I watch the whole thing myself (not in one sitting) at least once a year. Have been jonseing a bit for them recently, too.

Admittedly the Hobbit trilogy isn't as good as the LotR trilogy. But I'm okay with that. They lead into better films.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Ubercat

Compared to the original trilogy, the hobbit films are like the most expensive Saturday morning cartoons ever made. I can't imagine staying immersed since they seem to take place in entirely different worlds.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Sir Slash

I actually liked seeing "Battle of the Five Armies" last because the ending was clearly wrapping-up the whole series of films and portrayed that feeling well.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on January 22, 2018, 09:46:20 AM
We have good stamina but require a lot of water.

.. and occasional heavy petting?