Recent posts

Modelling and Miniatures / Re: He-162 A-2 Salamander
Last post by Gusington - Today at 04:03:38 PM
I've begun donating books to the library. There will be a Gus mini-wing there soon.
Last post by JudgeDredd - Today at 03:45:36 PM
I sold them all.

The only one I have left is my wee 1/72 Me-262 Airfix kit from the 1970s and my original series Enterprise 1701 which I didn't sell because my daughter got me them for my birthday.
Last post by Jarhead0331 - Today at 03:39:39 PM
I need to turn away from this hobby before it is too late. I simply would not have the room to store all of them. Between books, guns and ammo, I take up most of the house, shelves and closets. With a model collection, my wife's sanity would definitely be pushed over the edge. 
Last post by Gusington - Today at 03:31:23 PM
 :Dreamer: Great stuff JD.
Last post by W8taminute - Today at 02:31:02 PM
Nice collection.  I'm really loving that Tie fighter.
Last post by JudgeDredd - Today at 01:30:14 PM
Unfortunately, I can't find the images. I know I sold it on eBay, but they don't have my previous listings on there so I can't find the images.

I did find this image - but it's only really of the top of the model. I was taking a photo of my collection before I went on a selling binge.

I did also find my Jagdpanther, Chieftain and Leopard 1 - thought I'd post them before I lost the images forever.

This was my aircraft colelction.
Last post by JudgeDredd - Today at 12:47:35 PM
I'll see if I can dig them out...not sure I've got them now as I cleared out my Flickr account

I'll check
Last post by Gusington - Today at 12:23:29 PM
Any pics of the USS Ronald Reagan?
Last post by JudgeDredd - Today at 11:49:56 AM
Thanks guys. I love it...I genuinely love making them but I do get stressed when it comes to painting them.

The correct paint/thinner mix. Too runny, you get spidering. Too thick you get a blocked airbrush.

Then masking. And what bits to paint first "logically". I find it all quite stressful...but also really enjoy it.

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on Today at 07:49:04 AMI finally opened the box of my USS Kittyhawk and will order the paint and other pieces of kit I need in order to build the model.
Good news. I did make one carrier before. It was the U.S.S Ronald Reagan I think. Turned out really nice I thought. I enjoyed making that.

I also have the Bismark in my stash. But that's a big bugger so I'm leaving it as a retirement job.
Last post by Jarhead0331 - Today at 09:28:33 AM
Quote from: Gusington on Today at 09:03:43 AMEven the engine stand is cool  :Dreamer:

I think that is actually what makes the model.  :ThumbsUp: