Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Of interest to Tolkien fans
« Last post by Greybriar on Today at 10:41:48 PM »
Did you get any sleep Gb?   :o

Not much. I started watching them about 8:30 a.m. and it was about 3 the next morning when I finished the last one.

Fellowship of the Ring...twice? Do you mean The Hobbit for the first one?

Sorry, Gus. I think my mind is still a little numb after watching all those movies. Post edited.
What I thought would happen regularly, has happened for the first time, Beatles v. Stones.  And the Beatles winning margin to get here was greater than the Stones.  Color me :o  Of course that means the Stones will win, but I will take some small consolation in the fact the Fab Four finally got to a Final.

The 1/6

Music, TV, Movies / Re: Of interest to Tolkien fans
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 09:48:38 PM »
On a 11 hour flight from Tel Aviv to New York, I did all three of the original trilogy. Along with lots of pretzels.
General Discussion / Re: WANT!
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 09:44:03 PM »
Ivar the Nut-less.
Alice Cooper made a valiant run at Elvis but came up short in the end.  Stevie steamrolled Van Halen in a way I did not think would happen.  And now the two will duke it out to become the next winner in our Bracket challenge!

The 1/3

Computer Wargaming / Re: Total War: Warhammer
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 09:40:28 PM »
I'm waiting for the, What's Gus Playing Warhammer TW edition where I can finally find out if you cross a Wood Elf with a Dark Elf do you get a Mahogany or a Teak Elf?
Sports / Re: 2017 Running Football Thread
« Last post by Martok on Today at 09:06:30 PM »
Wonder what Martok is doing right now.  ^-^

Getting really pissed about right now.  :tickedoff:

Still drinking, only I'm at home now.  I left at the end of the 3rd quarter, when the Eagles were already up 31-7 and were about to score again.  The "Minneapolis Miracle" aside, I knew we weren't coming back from that deficit -- not with both our offense & defense playing like they were hung over all ****ing game. 

Speaking of hung over, I got more drinking to do if I'm gonna feel like shit when I go to work tomorrow morning.  Later everyone. 

Forum-Based Games / Re: "Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...
« Last post by Cyrano on Today at 09:04:52 PM »
Game Time Is: 0500, 19th October 1806!

One more hour until dawn!

Ooooh, what will happen then??!!??

Orders, please, gentlemen.

S!
Role-Playing & Adventure Gaming / Re: Consolidated Mystara Map
« Last post by airboy on Today at 08:26:08 PM »
After I retire I'll start a D&D campaign.  I'll probably go back and use the Judges Guild world maps.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Space 4x Blues
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 08:20:07 PM »
I spent most of the latter half of the weekend playing Aurora. With Quill's assistance, I've managed to set up an automated mining operation on Venus, send colonists to Mars, where more than 2,000,000 humans presently reside, and set up three civilian shipping lines who have established at least 6 mining operations on various dwarf planets and asteroids in the Milky Way. The next big step will be successfully researching jump theory. Its at that time, that I will be able to construct gravitational surveyors in order to really open up the galaxy.

I've designed and built small geo survey vessels, large cargo haulers and a colony vessel class to bring men and supplies to nearby worlds. It won't be long before the focus shifts to the Navy and military pursuits. I'm sure humanity is not alone...

As spartan as the game is in terms of production value, its a strikingly rewarding game and very enjoyable, even if it is a just a glorified spreadsheet. I'm not sure its the "ultimate" space 4x, but it certainly scratches many of the itches.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10