Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emeraldlis

An Irish band from Dublin , up and coming , so not done many songs yet , but I think they have a great sound  8)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

My son digs them.  Heard one of their songs on the FIFA 16 game, and asked me to get it for him, then started looking up some others and liked them.

This was the one that started it for him

[yt]https://youtu.be/x0N9gIm1wQg[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

Darkest ocean is an awesome song , I really love that one too , I just had another listen a couple of times through  :) the drums are a really cool sound on the track I think , and the line "do yourself a fn favour , build yourself a boat , hold your breath until you reach the surface , I know that you'll float " .....is a line that resonates with me , it sticks in my head as a powerful sentiment to live by .

It's cool your son discovered them , I wondered if they'd be heard stateside or the uk . I heard them on the radio in the car ...and was like , oh this is a cool sound , and cranked up the volume  :smitten: no surprise to hear an Irish tune on Irish radio though , lol .
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

Emeraldlis

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

Heard this song and saw this video for the first time the other night.  Blew me away.

MetalDog

I'm sure I've posted this somewhere, but, I'm only human.

MetalDog

A totally bad ass bass line.

Windigo

Quote from: MetalDog on January 10, 2017, 10:51:44 PM
Here ya' go, Windi

Thanks Dawg

Complex lyrics with multiple layering
I am proud that you thought me capable of appreciating that tune.
It's an unsettling one for sure
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

MetalDog

What's even stranger about me posting it is it's a remake of a Nirvana song.  And I despise Nirvana.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Windigo on January 11, 2017, 02:31:01 AM
Complex lyrics with multiple layering
I am proud that you thought me capable of appreciating that tune.
It's an unsettling one for sure

you do know that's a Nirvana cover, right?

(ninja'ed by Dog)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Windigo on January 10, 2017, 01:58:52 PM

That is a very cool live rendition of that song windigo  O0 I have two of Luke Bryan's albums , so I'm a big fan of this guys sound . Great song choice though  8)

Quote from: MetalDog on January 10, 2017, 11:09:24 PM

Woah.....MD ....that's an awesome sound on that tune  :bd: definately one for my playlist !!! I really liked the other one as well , "in bloom" , great video too  :coolsmiley:

Pete Dero

Quote from: MetalDog on January 10, 2017, 11:14:48 PM
A totally bad ass bass line.

You might also like these bass lines ...

MetalDog

Very punk-y, Pete.  Thanks for turning me on to them.

Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 11, 2017, 02:04:29 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 10, 2017, 11:09:24 PM

Woah.....MD ....that's an awesome sound on that tune  :bd: definately one for my playlist !!! I really liked the other one as well , "in bloom" , great video too  :coolsmiley:

Try this one, too, E.  I'm sure I've posted this three or four times, but, in case you missed it, here it is (the video is cool as hell, too):