I got the FRIDAY in me!

Started by Anguille, October 04, 2019, 03:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Sorry, second video from Kiki Dee in a row. It's been my music for the last two weeks...she was one of the biggest sweethearts in the 70's with an amazing voice :smitten:

Finally learning and playing a campaign in Fields of Glory: Empires with Carthage. Also some Dominus Galaxia and maybe some Interstellar Space genesis.

If time allows, i may start a new game with one of my current favs: Master of Orion CtS, Dawn of Andromeda or Oriental Empires (i finished a campaign of each last week with the Alkari (victory by points), the Ynan Commonwealth (alliance victory) and Liu Bei (defeat by points - second place)).

FlickJax

Nothing wrong with Kiki, something about her :)

Really at a loss to what to play, may just be a shut my eyes and point weekend :)

Yskonyn

1985 PBeM, Civ 6 PBeM, DCS and Destiny Shadowkeep for me this weekend!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Martok

Playing Stellaris, as usual.  Am also trying out the Bactrians in Fields of Glory: Empires

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

Atta boy, Martok!  Gus would be proud.  :bd:

My own game playing will consist of some FoG:E or Civ IV or both.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

I am proud. Avenge my Bactrians, Martok! AVENGE ME.

Trying out Spellforce III and taking another stab at Vampyr, this time on Easy/Wuss setting, because last time the 'Normal' setting was way too difficult for me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Flub up in pre-move utility turn on/turn offs has left us bereft of internet at the moment and I'm going nuts.  On the other hand, I get time to watch all the bootleg movies I picked up via buddies' drives when last deployed, so go me...?

Ugh.

Tripoli

After adding "I've got the Music in Me" to my iTunes library, I will be doing more BoC work, and a little FoG Empires, FoGII PBEM, where I'm having my head handed to me, and possibly starting a CMANO AAR.   I'm also thinking about picking up Wolfpack, as I need to scratch a submarine itch... 
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

jamus34

Hmmm probably a mix of the following

Fire Emblem (on Switch); Oxygen not Included, HoI4, and some Civ
Insert witty comment here.

Tripoli

Quote from: Gusington on October 04, 2019, 09:24:37 AM
I am proud. Avenge my Bactrians, Martok! AVENGE ME.

Gus, just out of curiosity, have you played FoG Empires using one of the major factions?  I'm curious what you thought of the experience as opposed to taking one of the minor factions.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

mbar

No Man's Sky, Ascension: Deck Building and Magic the Gathering Arena. With a side of Crying Suns.

Gusington

Tripoli - not yet. To be honest in games like this I typically shy away from playing big empires, like the Seleucids, Egypt, Carthage or Rome.

Non-sequitor: I also have to add that I will be picking up Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts after finding out the alpha is now accessible and playable!! Glorious!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

I put up Big Trouble in Little China and put out Pacific Tide.

Pacific Tide looks very intriguing.  I hope to knock out two complete games this week.

JasonPratt

Several people should be practicing for the next Grogheads Fog:Emp mp game, which I'll be setting up to start next weekend! -- the idea is to make teams of two players, scattered in low-power easy-to-manage starting factions around the map. (i.e. the players choose those factions and then immediately team up in diplomacy.)

Thread details are here. The British Isles, northwest Celts, and Caucus teams have been taken already, but several options still remain! Saba/Qats (southern Arabia); Eastern Europe (Goths, Bohemians, and/or Cherusciis); Central North Africa (Numidia and its brother nation); Spanish gates (Emporia and the Aquitani).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile this weekend I'm chugging along as Saba in the first mp game; plus several other mp games ongoing (AoW3, Andean Abyss, Le Havre, Waterdeep, Istanbul); and still punching at DAWN OF WAR: SOULSTORM: ULTIMATE APOCALYPSE: THE HUNT BEGINS: VERSION 4 OR SOMETHING: NEW PATCH!  :D One of those games I always go back to, and I'm having a ball -- Lord Cyane's new update is very stable (or I'm being smarter about applying modifiers).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!