Scourge of War: Waterloo! announced

Started by steve58, March 24, 2014, 10:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

For the first time, developer NorbSoftDev studio is leaving their beloved American Civil War for a brand new setting and is heading across the Atlantic Ocean with, Scourge of War: Waterloo!  Excitement is mounting for the highly-praised Scourge of War series – "One of the finest computer war games ever published" (Real and Simulated Wars), "I recommend this game in the possible highest terms" (Armchair General), "A real must-buy for strategy and tactic fans" (7idgaming)

A new chapter in the Scourge of War series will be written on the battlefield of Waterloo. In Scourge of War: Waterloo, Napoleon and his Grande Armée are facing their ultimate challenge in this final encounter against the troops of the Seventh Coalition. You will be able to prove that the Emperor's return in March 1815 was not in vain, or join the armies led by the Duke of Wellington and von Blücher to eliminate the French threat forever.

In order to celebrate this announcement, the award winning Scourge of War: Gettysburg goes half price for the entire week. This is a great opportunity for fans of the series to complete their collection and for the newcomers to join the ranks of the Scourge of War battalions!

Get the discounted Scourge of War: Gettysburg here for just $ 14,99.

Click here for the latest news on the development of Sourge of War: Waterloo.

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1381/Scourge.of.War:.new.game.signed.and.Deal.of.the.Week

...deleted the "and Gettysburg on sale for $15" from thread title.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

Rayfer

Excellent....!  SoW Gettysburg is an excellent game, looking forward to Waterloo. One thing I noticed while playing HPS ACW and Napoleonic games is the difference in tactics, i.e. use of cavalry and effectiveness of artillery between the two eras.  Looking forward to seeing how they handle this.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 24, 2014, 12:45:10 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 24, 2014, 10:25:42 AM
Sweet! Love the shot of the Highlanders...

+1

that looks great.......... did i miss the ETA?

weren't they originally saying June 2015 or something like that based on the anniversary?

HistoricalGamer

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 24, 2014, 05:23:58 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 24, 2014, 12:45:10 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 24, 2014, 10:25:42 AM
Sweet! Love the shot of the Highlanders...

+1

that looks great.......... did i miss the ETA?

weren't they originally saying June 2015 or something like that based on the anniversary?
Yes, it will come out before the anniversary, a specific date hasn't been set but sometime before the 200th.

Boggit

I haven't got SoW Gettysburg. Should I get it in the sale?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

Quote from: Boggit on March 26, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Absolutely.  Very immersive wargame.  Makes you feel as if you are in some Brigade or Division commander's boots with a massive battle going on around you, just one essential piece in the wider part commanding your section of the line.  This is one game series that will always be on my hard drive.

I even found the Tutorials to be a blast.

mikeck

Quote from: Nefaro on March 26, 2014, 06:34:30 PM
Quote from: Boggit on March 26, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Absolutely.  Very immersive wargame.  Makes you feel as if you are in some Brigade or Division commander's boots with a massive battle going on around you, just one essential piece in the wider part commanding your section of the line.  This is one game series that will always be on my hard drive.

I even found the Tutorials to be a blast.

+1

Although don't expect straight and ordered lines of battle. It's not so much a tactical battle game as it is a command simulator. Delays, generals that won't do what you ordered, etc
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

JasonPratt

Still cheaper (by $5) to get the whole series through the collection; but as a gateway drug to the series the opening title makes good sense. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Labbug

The release date for Scourge of War: Waterloo has been announced as June 11.

Cyrano

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1676/Scourge.of.War:.Waterloo.is.coming.on.June.11th

Article referencing post made above.

My plans for that weekend are set.  I could cry...it's like going home...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!