Main Menu

Beer!!

Started by Centurion40, December 20, 2013, 11:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on December 20, 2013, 02:27:59 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 20, 2013, 12:36:01 PM
I received two six-packs of bottled beer for my Secret Santa gift at work.

Harp Premium Lager and Smithwick's. Any opinions on these? I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

They're both pretty decent. Not my personal favorites, but I'd be very happy to receive them as gifts!

Pick yourself up some Guinness and you can make Half and Halfs.

Black 'n Tans are a nice alternative as well if you substitute Bass Ale for the Harp.

Mmmmmm...  :)

(You will need an upside down spoon or other way to drizzle in the Guinness so the two beers don't mix.)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Centurion40 on December 20, 2013, 04:04:55 PM
Calm down, the man lives in Texas for Christ's sake!

If he lived in Ireland (or Massachusetts), it would be a scandal.  But Texas?  Meh.

you Canadistanian fuckwit.  do you have any idea how much beer in consumed by Texas? 
I dont but its a hell of a lot Im sure.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

undercovergeek

It's not so much the amount consumed but the fact that guiness is a religion - you're breast fed it in Ireland so you've always had at least one!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Not a fan of Guiness... my wife is though.

Me, I like a good hoppy IPA.

Or a smooth, creamy Kilkenny.

Or just about anything that isn't a stout....  :P

Martok

I'm not a fan of stout either, but I do feel Guinness is one of those beers that everyone should have at least once in their lives.  8) 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Centurion40

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 21, 2013, 12:46:21 AM

If he lived in Ireland (or Massachusetts), it would be a scandal.  But Texas?  Meh.

you Canadistanian fuckwit.  do you have any idea how much beer in consumed by Texas? 

Ah yes, the usual Starfury nationally bigoted insult off the top.  Can't just be a simple fuckwit, can I?

I have never been to Texas, but I can assume, like everywhere else, Texans drink a lot of beer.  Cold pale beers, like Coors, Bud & Bud Light (the #1 beer sold in Texas).

But it is my observation that Texas might not have the same beer culture as a state like Massachusetts.  Perhaps due to the influence of religion- I really can only speculate.

Therefore my point is simply that a Texan never having tasted Guinness is not all that shocking, and that it would be more shocking if a resident of the north eastern US; an area of less religious influence and a higher percentage of Irish descendants, had never tasted Guinness.

Why such an observation would draw a personal & national insult eludes me.
Any time is a good time for pie.

GDS_Starfury

I didnt say they drank good beer just lots and lots of it.   ;)

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Jarhead0331

Come on, dude.  Over the top. We have polite Canadians perusing these forums who don't know about the homo-erotic love affair going on between you and .40 Cent. Be nice to each other. It's the season of love and giving.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

LongBlade

Easy with the language, Star. Not everyone knows that some of us are close friends here, and it's difficult to tell when we're just roughhousing from when someone is really angry. For example, this post just got reported for moderation.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

Quote from: Centurion40 on December 27, 2013, 10:38:47 AM

Woot! Look at Maine with one of the highest number of breweries per capita!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GDS_Starfury

sorry, it was in jest.

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 27, 2013, 12:53:15 PM
sorry, it was in jest.

Don't worry. I still find you as warm and cuddly as a porcupine wearing assless chaps.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

BanzaiCat

In Star's defense, they DO drink a metric piss-ton of beer in Texas.