Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by son_of_montfort, December 19, 2013, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Ian C on February 24, 2018, 05:50:07 PM

Are you sure? I still get road encounters after doing just that. I fast travelled a short while ago and encountered a wayfarer.

I'm not sure it hits everyone, but it sure did with me.  Even adding the dangerous roads mod didn't fix it. 

It seems to be a common but not universal bug based on other forums. 

It might have something to do with HOW you solve the Sister conversation.  I know I did not convince the bandits to go to Rattay and I had to race them to Timmy.  However, it does seem that something in that convo is the trigger for the bug for at least some.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Ian C

Tip: when about to storm the forest camp with Sir Radzig and he asks if you are ready - make sure you are. There is an option to say 'not yet'.

Level up. Be as trained as you can possibly be. Be well-armed and armored. Have potions.

Those were two of *the* toughest fights I've ever played in an RPG.

Skoop

Are talking about the one where you kill runt one on one at the end of the fight ?  I tried going into it at low level and runt kicked my ass.  So I went back a save and grinded skills to level 15 sword and level 10 defense.  It was amazing the difference it made.  Two overhead slashes to the dome on runt and he was dead.  With full high quality armor and high level skills, you become a bad ass.  Just don't try to take on 5 guys by yourself, the AI will still kill you in that scenario.

MikeGER

I am still at the very beginning of were the real game started cause of RL interferences
exploring the close surroundings of the water mill and begun the Miller quest...

is there any timelimit on quests ?
(i hope it get mentioned in dialogs and the quest log when there is one)

can i start to explore the (sandbox) world, and try to level up my skills , getting better equipment, and checking for example the treasure maps location and ...continue with the quests (main or side) when i am up to it.

Ian C

Quote from: Skoop on February 26, 2018, 02:46:39 PM
Are talking about the one where you kill runt one on one at the end of the fight ?  I tried going into it at low level and runt kicked my ass.  So I went back a save and grinded skills to level 15 sword and level 10 defense.  It was amazing the difference it made.  Two overhead slashes to the dome on runt and he was dead.  With full high quality armor and high level skills, you become a bad ass.  Just don't try to take on 5 guys by yourself, the AI will still kill you in that scenario.

I found out the hard way. I'm level 5-7 in most things and there was no way on earth I could beat that part of the game. I must have reloaded about 30 times and couldn't get further. I used an invulnerability cheat to get through it but even then the fighting was ridiculously tough. I'm not going forward with that win though because I've played it straight all the way through the game and my experience has been very hard earned, so I've reverted to an earlier save and will face that scenario once I've leveled up to at least what you said - 15 sword and 10 defense. This has to be *the* best RPG I've played in some respects, but then, I can't compare it either to the Witcher 3 or Skyrim - it's just so different.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: MikeGER on February 26, 2018, 04:31:09 PM

is there any timelimit on quests ?
(i hope it get mentioned in dialogs and the quest log when there is one)

can i start to explore the (sandbox) world, and try to level up my skills , getting better equipment, and checking for example the treasure maps location and ...continue with the quests (main or side) when i am up to it.

There are time limits, but it'll usually be pretty obvious which quests they're on.  You have to pay attention to what you're doing.  Say, if you get a quest to help sick and dying in the hospital, you'd best not dally, because they're actually sick and dying. 

But if you are given an open ended quest to investigate something, and have nothing on the side that tells you a specific time or has some logical goal like "meet X at Y time" or "Race to beat X to Y town and save damsel Z" you're pretty much ok going open world. 

If you want a specific point where you can run around safely for a few days, it'll be after a few hours in Rattay, when you're on the Ginger in a Pickle/My Friend Timmy/Nest of Vipers track.   There's also a great spot after you've finished Questions and Answers, Pestilence and In God's Hands, but you should not dally until all three of those are in the books.  Also make sure you don't complete the very final step Pestilence before Questions and Answers, that supposedly has a showstopper bug that breaks the main questline if you do, though I never experienced it.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

MikeGER

thanks for the advice SirAndrewD :)

Ian C

Quote from: Ian C on February 26, 2018, 05:44:36 PM
Quote from: Skoop on February 26, 2018, 02:46:39 PM

I found out the hard way. I'm level 5-7 in most things and there was no way on earth I could beat that part of the game. I must have reloaded about 30 times and couldn't get further. I used an invulnerability cheat to get through it but even then the fighting was ridiculously tough. I'm not going forward with that win though because I've played it straight all the way through the game and my experience has been very hard earned, so I've reverted to an earlier save and will face that scenario once I've leveled up to at least what you said - 15 sword and 10 defense. This has to be *the* best RPG I've played in some respects, but then, I can't compare it either to the Witcher 3 or Skyrim - it's just so different.

Reloaded an earlier save and I'm right before the part where I scout the camp, so, I'm going to level up with minor quests, encounters and training before I tackle that again.
This is a big difference to other RPG's where you are given a hint about the level of difficulty of a particular quest. Here, there is none. Thank goodness I kept earlier saves. Tip: keep earlier saves.

Quote from: Gusington on February 26, 2018, 07:17:49 PM
The best?? This bodes well.

Kingdom Come doesn't have the graphics of The Witcher 3, or the polished finish of that and Skyrim, but I'd say it has more realism and immersion. The combat is more than a one button click and requires proper tactical thought. Lots of depth. I assume the game to be rid of bugs over coming months and more polished as time goes by.

I think it's a testament to how good a game is, even if it's full of bugs and glitches and yet it still compels you to play and it's fun.

Gusington

Me too as far as bug squashing. That's why I am waiting a bit.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

I think I'll wait for the next patch also.

I have this quest where you have to patrol with a guy named Nightingale and he offers to play a game of dice.
At the end of the dice game (winning or losing) the game is stuck loading the next part and I can only leave the game using the taskmanager.

I already restarted two times but it's no use and my previous save is a couple hours older so guess I will pass for now.

glen55

Re time limits:

Like another poster said, you typically have time unless you are on a quest that specifies a specific time limit. But I think there's an even better indicator. You can hit the "T" key to advance time until a certain point - when you hit "T" and instead of giving you the screen to specify how long you want to advance time, it says something like "You can't delay, there's no time to lose," THAT IS A COMPLETE LIE. What that message really means is that time has been suspended and you can do whatever you like for as long as you feel like it so long as you don't do whatever you need to do to advance the active quest. So ... whenever the game says "don't delay," then ... delay. Take yer time.

Once you realize this, some of the game's most "on-rails" feeling sections open right up. For example, your opening mission to do tasks for dad? Before doing those tasks you can roam around all over town, scour up ALL the herbs in the area (and there are a fair amount), sell them at a store in town and have a bit of a bankroll to start out with.

I'm loving this game. It's the Witcher 3 with better combat and better story-telling. I like Henry as a protagonist a ton better than I liked Geralt, who I have never been able to warm to after 3 Witcher games. Not sure about the replayability, but figuring out all the aspects of the game on a slow and carefully-considered first playthrough is a blast.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gusington

'Witcher 3 with better combat and better story telling'?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

glen55

Quote from: Gusington on February 27, 2018, 01:46:31 PM
'Witcher 3 with better combat and better story telling'?

Combat is better, hands down. Not that I've played all the swordfighting games, but I've played a few, and this one is easily the best.

Story-telling is a matter of taste, but I find the characters to be tons better than in Witcher 3: realistic humans instead of stereotypes. You might take that with a grain of salt, because the Witcher world has never really drawn me in. But this does: it seems infinitely more like a real place than anywhere I visited in the Witcher series.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower