Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: mikeck on December 04, 2017, 10:56:24 PM

I wish someone would make an F-111 or A-6 simulation. Not sexy but sneaking into a target, dodging sams at night and taking out a target while flying NAP...mmmm

You didn't try the A-6 mod for FC3: Vietnam?

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mikeck

Quote from: Nefaro on December 05, 2017, 01:42:17 PM
Quote from: mikeck on December 04, 2017, 10:56:24 PM

I wish someone would make an F-111 or A-6 simulation. Not sexy but sneaking into a target, dodging sams at night and taking out a target while flying NAP...mmmm

You didn't try the A-6 mod for FC3: Vietnam?

Strike fighter's is a little light for me at this point. But I would consider trying it it was a dedicated mod Instead of user made
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 05, 2017, 05:30:01 PM
^He said "FC3"...

;D

I meant Strike Fighters 2.  Sorry to get your hopes up Jarhead.  :-\

mbar

Quote from: Toonces on December 01, 2017, 07:41:13 AM
Anyway, this is a sim that I'd love to spend more time with and really get good at.  But every time I sit down to get it started, I get lost in the various installs, patches, what works with what and what needs to be activated, and I just realize that the time investment isn't worth it until DCS looks more like a complete product.

This is kinda where I am at with DCS. They took a step in the right direction with the activation and deactivation system being integrated into the game and module manager. However, they are still stuck with weird decisions like giving you unlimited activations that automatically update given time but then put a hard limit on DE-activations. Ticked me off when I saw I now have 8 deactivations left on my MiG-21 module. I'm sure it could all be sorted out with an email if necessary but it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Yskonyn

Then you probably will be thrilled to discover the next chapter in DRM woes:

The AV-8B will feature a new DRM scheme. Serial tied to your account over at Eagle Dynamics, but with the caveat that at this moment the software needs to verify this once every three days! Stuck in a hotel with shitty or expensive internet and you wanna continue your mission building? Tough luck. It's a test atm and a poll is up over at their website to sense what the community thinks... have at it!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3315840
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

mirth

It's never good when you see Starforce in a DRM discussion.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mbar

I've had a personal moratorium purchasing any more modules until ED gets its DRM ducks in a row. That and I have more than I can reasonably learn anyway.

That F-5 sure was tempting though.

Skoop

I started a nice little discussion at ED forums a while back about them just going all in with steam and throw out the draconian drm.  It was like a fart in church, same response I got when I suggested BFC do the same with their library and eliminate their insane patch Chinese fire drill.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Skoop on December 07, 2017, 05:44:25 PM
I started a nice little discussion at ED forums a while back about them just going all in with steam and throw out the draconian drm.  It was like a fart in church, same response I got when I suggested BFC do the same with their library and eliminate their insane patch Chinese fire drill.
lmao  :DD
Alba gu' brath

RyanE

Was watching an F-5 video and saw this listed on youtube.  At first, I thought it was some kind of prank but checked and its real.  One of the 3rd party devs is building a civilian acrobatic plane.  Seems weird that with all work in the backlog, they would be wasting time on a plane that maybe could be as well represented already in xplane.

https://youtu.be/tygG6vq6h58

Nefaro

JudgeDredd

^ That is a thing of beauty. Trees look fantastic as does the general terrain.

AV-8B is available in DCS 2.2(?) now
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."