Bacon, the alpha and omega of meats

Started by Centurion40, February 01, 2012, 12:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

You're correct that when properly served, it is delectable.

However, my family has a history of heart issues, so I tend to partake sparingly. Which is unfortunate because each of those looks awesome.

Nice touch with the bacon explosion, too.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

I don't think there's really much to discuss.  Bacon is the greatest meat on the planet.  Period. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Greybriar

I don't eat much bacon anymore, but I used to eat hot dogs with bacon wrapped around it similar to the photo above...but I had sliced the hot dog lengthwise and inserted a slice of cheese before wrapping it with bacon.

Then there were those delicious bacon and egg sandwiches. I would brown the bacon on one side, turn it, then add an egg. When the egg was done on that side, I'd turn the combination over and finish cooking the egg before making a sandwich of the mix.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

LongBlade

Quote from: Greybriar on February 01, 2012, 08:21:44 PM
I don't eat much bacon anymore, but I used to eat hot dogs with bacon wrapped around it similar to the photo above...but I had sliced the hot dog lengthwise and inserted a slice of cheese before wrapping it with bacon.

Then there were those delicious bacon and egg sandwiches. I would brown the bacon on one side, turn it, then add an egg. When the egg was done on that side, I'd turn the combination over and finish cooking the egg before making a sandwich of the mix.

That sounds good.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Centurion40

bayonetbrant

NC State fans were cooking these at their tailgate before the Maryland game.

Apparently it took 'til late in the 3d quarter that they were ready to eat.

Centurion40

Epee1

When I ate bacon, I liked slicing it myself.  I haven't eaten bacon in years.  (you knew I was gonna say that)

I do agree bacon is the best meat period.

Centurion40

Quote from: Epee1 on February 13, 2012, 03:17:50 PM
When I ate bacon, I liked slicing it myself.  I haven't eaten bacon in years.  (you knew I was gonna say that)

I do agree bacon is the best meat period.

You turn veggo or something???  :o

Centurion40

LongBlade