The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Apologies, the whole Arkham franchise is on sale... :D

I have never played any of these games. If I started with the most recent [Arkham Knight] would I know what the hell is going on?

I don't really get the feeling that it's necessary to play them all to know what is happening or enjoy them. Arkham Knight and Arkham Origins both look insanely good visually and the reviews for both are through the roof.

I know people here love Arkham Asylum but it being released in 2010 it is not as impressive looking as the other two.

Maybe I'll get Arkham Knight and work backwards?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Well problem solved for now...I can't connect to Steam :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Gusington on April 25, 2017, 06:02:22 PM
^Apologies, the whole Arkham franchise is on sale... :D

I have never played any of these games. If I started with the most recent [Arkham Knight] would I know what the hell is going on?

I don't really get the feeling that it's necessary to play them all to know what is happening or enjoy them. Arkham Knight and Arkham Origins both look insanely good visually and the reviews for both are through the roof.

I know people here love Arkham Asylum but it being released in 2010 it is not as impressive looking as the other two.

Maybe I'll get Arkham Knight and work backwards?

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Silent Disapproval Robot

We all know that even if you did get them, you wouldn't end up playing them for months or years on end because you needed to research such things the pluses and minuses of cape length and nipple vs. no-nipple suits.

Go play Alien: Isolation.

Gusington

There are nipple and nippleless suits???

Alien: Isolation is what I am playing next, btw.

And who cares when I play them as long as I do before I die?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Steam has recovered. I think I am going to get Arkham Knight. It looks unbelievable.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I think he's referring to the Clooney suit from Batman Forever, Gus.

Unless you're being fecal-setious, of course.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

God that movie was terrible. I saw it at the theater, too...joke's on me.

mirth

I might have seen it in the theater. It was awful. Friggin Joel Schumacher.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Fuck Tim Burton, too, for that matter. I saw all of 'em in the theater...all those early ones. I didn't bother to go see Batman Begins but I absolutely loved that movie compared to the shite that came out before it.

I kind of liked Keaton's movie and his portrayal - I still remember thinking, WTF, Keaton's a comedian, he's playing The Dark Knight? Batman Returns sucked, and it went downhill with Kilmer and hit rock bottom with Clooney. Adam West's Batman movie/show was less campy than Schumacher's crap.

mirth

That first Burton/Keaton film was good for the time, but it doesn't hold up all that well. Agreed that Batman Returns wasn't good. Giving Burton more of a free reign wasn't a good idea. It went downhill fast from there.

Batman Begins is my favorite of the Nolan trilogy. I'm actually looking forward to the Batfleck standalone movie. The warehouse fight scene in Batman v Superman was excellent.

BanzaiCat

I think the intro to the first Batman movie is one of the best ones; I really like the theme music - it's dark, powerful, and is a terrific gateway to the character.

I was one of the Affleck haters when it was announced he was going to be Batman in that Superman vs Batman abomination, but I admit, even in that piece of crap movie, Ben did a good job. I second that opinion.

mirth

I remember loving that intro when I saw it for the first time in the theater. Danny Elfman did awesome work on that soundtrack. Could have done without the Prince songs, but that was a studio mandated thing iirc.

BanzaiCat

Yeah...that Prince soundtrack blew chunks. I remember there was a music store next to the store I worked at, at the mall when that movie came out. I went over and bought the soundtrack, but picked up the Prince version by mistake. :(