The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on August 14, 2017, 05:41:33 PM
Early access Medieval Kingdom Wars is on sale for ~15.00 @ Steam right now.
Saw that.  I'm almost tempted, except that the game seems to focus largely (if not entirely) on siege battles, not unlike the Stronghold series. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

I am tempted too, but haven't bought it yet. Mainly because I still haven't played the developers previous release, Kingdom Wars 2. That said, this new game is getting much better Steam reviews, even while still in early access.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

How about Warhammer Total War for $20 over there at Bundle Stars? Worth it or wait?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^I have only poked around with it for a couple of hours but I would say yes it's worth it.

Just got a 50% off coupon for Dawn of War III on Steam, so the price is not 29.99. Steam reviews are crap but it has a 77% on Metacritic. DoW III worth it for 29.99?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2017, 06:09:52 PM

Just got a 50% off coupon for Dawn of War III on Steam, so the price is not 29.99. Steam reviews are crap but it has a 77% on Metacritic. DoW III worth it for 29.99?

Me too.  I'm still wondering if it's worth it as well.  So many other good games to save up for. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I haven't bought it yet. Watched the trailers for it and it doesn't look as engaging as DoW 1 or 2.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on August 18, 2017, 08:00:44 AM
I haven't bought it yet. Watched the trailers for it and it doesn't look as engaging as DoW 1 or 2.

Key word being...yet.   :peace:

Gusington

I stumbled upon a DoW III thread on Reddit posted by someone else who received the Steam coupon and Lordy is there a lot of hate for this game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Unless you are a huge 40K fan, I would say its not worth $30.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Wow - from you JH that's a pretty heavy statement.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on August 18, 2017, 09:19:59 AM
Wow - from you JH that's a pretty heavy statement.

You're still gonna buy it :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Ditto nope. DoW 1 and 2 are still, as far as I can tell from watching/reading other people in DoW3, substantially superior, even if the gfx aren't up to par. (And DoW2 isn't even really the same type of game as DoW1.)

I started playing the latest building of DoW(1): Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse last night in multiplayer for the first time, and felt a true pang of pity and sadness for whoever worked hard on DoW3.  :'( The latter graphics are, by everything I've seen and read, up to par, no complaints; but they deserve to be in a better game.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Thanks man. Out of my Steam cart it goes.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd