Annoying Publishing Habits

Started by Bison, October 24, 2012, 08:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanVerssen

Great points about how publishers can make their series products more friendly to players. Thank you!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on October 24, 2012, 08:05:05 PM2 of the 6 scenarios are not playable with the map boards that come with the game.  It's the 8th or 9th in the series, but you need the maps from the 2nd game in the series to play the scenarios.  Again.  WTF?  Worse it's not listed at MMP as out of stock or out of print in fact its not listed at all.  It was in the fine print of the NWS site thankfully.  I'd have been pissed if I ordered the game only to find out 1/3 of the scenarios are not playable.  Seriously this is poor marketing.

It's not limited to MMP.  I've noticed it at other sites too.  Why would they market this way?  Its really a turn off. 

This is something that LNLP has made it a point to change with their relaunch of LNL-Tactical.  All the games are now complete in the box, with no dependencies.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers