Since you’re FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, May 24, 2019, 06:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I hope everybody has a meaningful and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend.

I plan on flying a lot of DCS. I'm having an absolute blast learning the AV8B Harrier. I think I prefer it over the Hornet!  :hide:

Also might play some ARMA 3, something Total War and perhaps something  little more groggy...don't know what yet.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dammit Carl!

External fixin's of the home are mostly complete and that means (maybe) some free time, soooo...ARMAtime!

Will also, no doubt, take advantage of the triple 7 studio's sale of stuff and finally pick up one or two of their "Bo_," series as well now that the paycheck has hit the bank.

Stay safe, folks!

Gusington

USMA West Point graduation is this weekend and we rent out our house, so I am not near my gaming rig until Sunday. I did download my first iPad game, Rome TW, but haven't tried it yet.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

Watching the 50 over Cricket final tomorrow and drinking copious amounts of alcohol so would be drunk in charge of any game I tried :)

W8taminute

Awesome tune!

Here's what I've got planned for the weekend game wise:

Deity Empires
Heroes & Generals
Civ III ('The Cold War Deluxe' mod and maybe some 'Star Wars: The Mod Awakens')
Clean up Avalon Hills 'Turning Point Stalingrad' off my table and get 'Paths of Glory' setup
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Rayfer

More Deity Empires and delving back into HoI4 with the 1.7.0 beta. 

GroggyGrognard

I think I will finally have time to dig into some Deity Empires this weekend. Maybe throw in some PS4 time with War Thunder, World of Warships, or Paths of Exile. I haven't decided yet.
Plus, my girlfriend and I plan on breaking out Spirits of the Wild for some holiday weekend table gaming. With beer.

Have a safe and relaxing long weekend, Grogs!

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

CJReich46

Well I am OFF.

Gamewise?

Field of Glory II,  Deity Empires - I am grasping the game, but I have had to restart over and over... ::) but I am learning.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Father Ted

Quote from: FlickJax on May 24, 2019, 07:43:16 AM
Watching the 50 over Cricket final tomorrow and drinking copious amounts of alcohol so would be drunk in charge of any game I tried :)

At Lords?

Skwerl

I'll be obsessing over Deity Empires.  I'm hooked!

-budd-

Combat Mission, either Normandy or Red Thunder. Give the new patch a look.

7 days to Die, maybe the Borderlandz mod or Darkness Falls or maybe just vanilla since the last patch the mods fps are all over the place.

Killing Floor 2, new patch released with new map and game type.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

al_infierno

Is it bad that when I read this title, the first thing that popped into my head was:  SINCE U BEEN FRIIIIDAAAAAAAY  :buck2:

I have no idea what I will play but I can guarantee it won't be what I planned on playing.  Maybe Squad, Mordhau, Rule the Waves 2... Maybe I'll finally take out the Japanese in the new Panzer Campaigns.  Most likely it'll be none of those and something completely different than what I planned  :uglystupid2:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

MengJiao

Quote from: GroggyGrognard on May 24, 2019, 09:46:26 AM
I think I will finally have time to dig into some Deity Empires this weekend. Maybe throw in some PS4 time with War Thunder, World of Warships, or Paths of Exile. I haven't decided yet.
Plus, my girlfriend and I plan on breaking out Spirits of the Wild for some holiday weekend table gaming. With beer.

Have a safe and relaxing long weekend, Grogs!

Groggy

World of Warships is likely as are DCS and Pillars of eternity 2...PS interestingly (for me anyway) CMANO White Piano (Italy vs Yugoslavia 1966) has replaced Pillars of Eternity 2.

In CMANO, I modified the Crete 1955 nuclear bloodbath to be centered on an 1960 Ark Royal carrier group (with Scimitars and Gannets) and some Lightnings for cover from Souda.  I expected the Scimitars and Lightnings to deal with 1955-style Russian and Egyptian (old UK) aircraft without too much trouble and in fact they did Okay (two Lightnings down for 4 Tu-4s -- more or less B29s -- and one Vampire).  the real shock was that the Bullpup beam-riding missile works against Ships so the Scimitar with Bullpup combo worked fairly well -- 25% hit rate on DDs so far.

Anguille

Great song!

Most of my attention will go on my Medieval 2: Total War Campaign as England.

I may also play the second tutorial of Surviving Mars....

nelmsm

Got some Imperator in today before the tornado warning and severe thunderstorms. Hope to get some more in before back to work. Also want to get some CMANO and probably something else if time and weather allows