Steam Summer Sale 2018...

Started by steve58, June 12, 2018, 11:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisS

Grabbed Farming Sim 2017, at 60% off. Pretty good value there. I have '13, and liked it. I can see putting a ton of hours into this one.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

HoodedHorseJoe

So I nabbed the Company of Heroes 2 Master Collection (mainly so I could get my hands on Ardennes Assault, but was interested in a few bits of the other DLC and this seemed liked a good deal), War of the Zombie (wasn't discounted at all - if it's not going to be discounted now, it probably never will), SuperPower 2 (third time I've bought that game - help me), the Kerbal Space Program expansion and StickFight: The Game.

Was almost tempted by Graviteam stuff, and Ultimate General Civil War, but can't quite bring myself to take the plunge.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

steve58

*sigh* wish I'd seen this last night  >:(

PayPal: Additional Savings at Steam $5 Off $30

Offer is valid through 6/30/18 or while promotion lasts; Open only open to the first 40,000 to save the offer.

note:  you will need to read through the comments at the link above.  You've got to do a minor tweak to add $30 to your Steam wallet as your choices are usually 5, 10, 25, etc...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

ComradeP

Thus far, I've bought the Brigador: Up-Armored Deluxe edition (with audiobook and soundtrack) for, converting euro's to dollars, about 19.50. It was on sale in the first half of the week as well, but I waited to see if the discount would improve for the summer sale (which would've been unfortunate for those who bought it on, say, Monday).

I don't know what else, if anything, I'll buy.

I've bought 8 games thus far in the first half of the year, not more than I can play. That's actually more than usual, or maybe it's just my impression that I buy less fewer than before.

In most cases, I don't buy stuff I will not actually play unless it's bundled with something I do want to play (for example: an inferior sequel packaged with a good original game).
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

fran

Went for Atlantic Fleet, less than 5 quid it worth a go.

And for Afghanistan '11, not played the Vietnam game.

Destraex

Quote from: sandman2575 on June 21, 2018, 08:28:31 PM
Have not seen Cold Waters at 30% off before. Ima have to buy it.

Probably can't resist the XCOM 2 DLC stuff, esp. War of the Chosen -- have been playing a ton of XCOM 2 of late and have gotten pretty hooked. It turns out to be a great game to move on to when you're kind of burned out on Battletech.

I wanted cold waters but the price even at 30% off is still pricey for me atm.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Fetrik

GTA V and Metal gear Phantom menace.
Total damage 35 €.

These are the first games i bought since TW WH II. I Think my personal economy will
survive this sale too. 😁

Apocalypse 31

DCS AVB8 (for $34!)
Rise of Nations
Blackhawk Down: Team Saber
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway

Got my eye on a few others. Can't beat games for $3

bbmike

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on June 23, 2018, 09:35:31 AM
DCS AVB8 (for $34!)
Rise of Nations
Blackhawk Down: Team Saber
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway

Got my eye on a few others. Can't beat games for $3

I played Blackhawk Down years ago. I had no idea there was an expansion for it!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: bbmike on June 23, 2018, 10:57:38 AM
I played Blackhawk Down years ago. I had no idea there was an expansion for it!

Yeah. I really dug the change of scenery for the new locations.

QuoteThe expansion follows the Team Sabre Squadron as they are deployed to take out targets and carry out mission objectives in two separate single player campaigns (*approximately 5 missions each) that take place in Columbia and Iran. The multiplayer feature boasts 30 new maps and an enhanced level of mod support for players to build their own unique maps.

The highlight of this expansion pack is that it features lush jungle terrain, never seen before to this extent in a Delta Force game. This also adds an exciting element to gameplay in both the single and multiplayer game.

I'd also highly recommend Delta Force: Task Force Dagger.

Solid missions, based in Afghanistan. It's kind of funny conducting attacks on the Kandahar Airfield, considering I was stationed there several years ago. Same applied to Medal of Honor 2010, when they portrayed SOF teams attacking to seize the Airfield.

bbmike

^The NovaLogic Everything Pack is currently $13.99US so I grabbed it.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Rayfer

Quote from: bbmike on June 23, 2018, 04:28:27 PM
^The NovaLogic Everything Pack is currently $13.99US so I grabbed it.

Was interested in looking at this but  can't find it?   :-\

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

jamus34

Pulled trigger on Cold Waters, Atlantic Fleet and Tyranny.
Insert witty comment here.