Morgan Freeman to narrate your transit ride?

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, May 22, 2018, 08:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

trailrunner

On the DC metro, the announcements sound like they're given by a drunk mumbling person underwater somewhere far away.  They're completely unintelligible.  I feel sorry for the tourists and out of town visitors.

besilarius

Both Morgan Freeman and George Burns have played God in movies.
I'd find George Burns announcing bus departures would be a lot more fun.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

bbmike

Quote from: trailrunner on May 23, 2018, 04:46:09 AM
On the DC metro, the announcements sound like they're given by a drunk mumbling person underwater somewhere far away.  They're completely unintelligible.  I feel sorry for the tourists and out of town visitors.

Except when they are telling you there is a two hour delay. You can hear that a lot.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

I think R. Lee Ermey would've been better. "You're damned bus is leaving in 5 min. maggot! BE ON IT!"!  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

steve58

Whether he's guilty or not (we can leave that to the courts), I suspect the Vancouver TransLink peoples will be looking for a new voice stat...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/entertainment/morgan-freeman-accusations/index.html
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yup.  Already canned the deal.  (wonder how much more that's going to cost us in gas taxes.  We're already at $1.619/L here today).  That mouth-breathing idiot, Seth Rogan said he wants the gig.

Staggerwing

You don't want Bob the Blob telling you that Platform 5 is now boarding?

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Tpek

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 24, 2018, 06:40:33 PM
Yup.  Already canned the deal.  (wonder how much more that's going to cost us in gas taxes.  We're already at $1.619/L here today).  That mouth-breathing idiot, Seth Rogan said he wants the gig.

I think you mean Bong-Breathing idiot.