Shooter at Youtube HQ

Started by steve58, April 03, 2018, 03:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Note - I only saw it mentioned once a few days ago and not since. Pretty sure it was Reuters reporting that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on April 06, 2018, 02:43:08 PM
Note - I only saw it mentioned once a few days ago and not since. Pretty sure it was Reuters reporting that.

Purchased in San Diego on Jan. 16.

YouTube shooter legally purchased firearm in San Diego earlier this year
April 5, 2018

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/youtube-shooting-nasim-aghdam-legal-firearm-san-bruno-california/

Staggerwing

BTW for those who don't really know what the shooter was upset about, her anger at Youtube randomly demonetizing content creators' videos seems to be a shared thing behind the scenes in the professional content creator world. Apparently Youtube uses some kind of massive algorithmic bot system to determine if a particular video deserves partaking in ad revenue money or not, and can even do so retroactively going back several years. It seems that no one, not even the folks at Youtube, understand how their frankenbot even works anymore.

Here's Lindybeige, one of those other 'professional youtubers' ranting about it last year:

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 09, 2018, 07:31:51 PM

BTW for those who don't really know what the shooter was upset about, her anger at Youtube randomly demonetizing content creators' videos seems to be a shared thing behind the scenes in the professional content creator world. Apparently Youtube uses some kind of massive algorithmic bot system to determine if a particular video deserves partaking in ad revenue money or not, and can even do so retroactively going back several years. It seems that no one, not even the folks at Youtube, understand how their frankenbot even works anymore.

Yep.

They've even taken measures to hide parts of their automated flagging code when people started digging around, attempting to figure out what some of the values were.  That was probably almost two years ago.  YouTube quickly hid that stuff from public eyes quickly afterward.

Thing is... YT openly stated that they were employing manual reviewers over a year ago.  Unfortunately they briefly mentioned they were giving such censorship duties to luminary organizations like the SPLC and people working at Buzzfeed News, to name only a couple.   ::)  Some seriously biased censorship-happy types; wolves running the hen house.