Main Menu

Dogs

Started by airboy, January 01, 2018, 01:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Axl is a proud exhibitist.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Centurion40

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 22, 2018, 07:31:29 PM
Axl is a proud exhibitist.

His little sack isn't as impressive these days.  ::)
Any time is a good time for pie.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Family Dog takes three bullets protecting kids during home invasion:
http://www.king5.com/article/news/local/hero-dog-shot-protecting-teen-during-home-invasion/281-522336489

Never heard of a cat taking one for the kids.

BanzaiCat

^ That's true. Jones the cat was kind of a dick, just sitting back, hiding, just watching Brett get snagged by the alien.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 24, 2018, 09:33:47 AM
^ That's true. Jones the cat was kind of a dick, just sitting back, hiding, just watching Brett get snagged by the alien.

I defo would've been sitting back, hiding and just watching Brett get snagged.  ;D
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

Yeah, fair point innit.  :))

mirth

Jonesy was the smartest member of that crew.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

IIRC he didn't die in Alien, and he lived through the first part of Aliens, to be left behind and never referenced again.

Not sure if he was in Alien3, but that movie doesn't count anyway, so.

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 24, 2018, 08:10:49 PM
IIRC he didn't die in Alien, and he lived through the first part of Aliens, to be left behind and never referenced again.

Not sure if he was in Alien3, but that movie doesn't count anyway, so.

Ripley left him on Earth when she went back to LV-426 in Aliens. So I'm assuming he lived a long, happy life. Good kitty.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Of course he has a wiki page

http://alienanthology.wikia.com/wiki/Jonesy

This is a cool bit of trivia:
During the scene when the Alien descended down to Brett from behind, to get Jonesy to react fearfully to the descending Alien a German Shepherd was placed in front of Jonesy so it would react fearfully to the descending Alien. A screen was placed between the two, so the cat wouldn't see it at first, and came over. The screen was then suddenly removed to make Jonesy stop, and start hissing.

BanzaiCat

I think I remember hearing something about that years ago...that's pretty cool trivia and ingenious to get the cat to react the way it did.

mirth

Interestingly, Jonesy was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Animal in a Dramatic Role, but controversially lost to Benji.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

:DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD