Merry Christmas

Started by markh, December 24, 2017, 03:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emeraldlis

Oh man... No rosemary, life cannot get any worse!
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Arctic Blast

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Barthheart

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 24, 2017, 02:41:07 PM
^ No kidding. Had to visit three stores before I found some bloody Rosemary.

Grow yer own fer cripes sake. You live in the tropics it'll grow year round.  #:-)
I've got 3 plants I bring in every winter and re-plant every spring. Nothing like fresh rosemary of my lamb chops!

bayonetbrant

Mrs B was playing around with the firefly jars

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

May the Light of foundational Reason
Who tabernacled among us
to enlighten every man
NEVER GO OUT

but rather lead all
to fulfillment of love in justice
though we number as many
as the stars in the sky.

God grant us strength and honor
to do what is right toward one another
once again this year
and for all the years to come
for as long as it is called "Today"!

Merry Christmas
to Grogs worldwide
and to our loved ones
and to our enemies, too.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Kushan

Merry Christmas everyone!
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Richie61

Merry Christmas to all the gang!

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

A very Merry Christmas to Grogs and non-Grogs alike wherever you are and whatever you're trying to but last minute. Stay safe everyone and celebrate responsibly. If anyone asks you who spiked the punch say, "I am responsible" even if you're not. Then offer to take the spiked punch out of their sight if it offends and make it disappear.  ^-^  Get it?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MikeGER

"Frohe Weihnachten" to all, have good and peaceful time whereever you are at the moment :)

Crossroads

Since 1320s, City of Turku has declared the traditional Christmas Peace, which begins with hymn A Mighty Fortress Is Our God, and then follows with declaration itself, followed by National Anthem and March of the Men of Pori. 

Declaration of Christmas Peace has read, and continues to read, as follows, with latest tweaks for the text from 1901:

Quote"Tomorrow, God willing, is the graceful celebration of the birth of our Lord and Saviour;
and thus is declared a peaceful Christmas time to all, by advising devotion and to behave otherwise quietly and peacefully,
because he who breaks this peace and violates the peace of Christmas by any illegal or improper behaviour,
shall under aggravating circumstances be guilty and punished according to what the law and statutes prescribe for each and every offence separately.

Finally, a joyous Christmas feast is wished to all inhabitants of the city!"

Last time the ceremony was omitted was Christmas 1939 under Winter War, in fear of Soviet bombings of cities.

Also, as of 1899, the crimes committed on christmas time, have actually not been punished under aggravating circumstances. Oh, the modern times.

Here's a picture from this year's event.

Have a Joyous Christmas everyone!

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Staggerwing

White Christmas here in Southern New England!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

May your Gods go with you.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!