A Quentin Tarantino Star Trek Movie?!?

Started by bbmike, December 08, 2017, 08:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

I hope one was expecting an argument about Nemesis sucking. I'd still watch it over ST V.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tpek

Quote from: mirth on December 10, 2017, 01:26:16 PM
I hope one was expecting an argument about Nemesis sucking. It's still watch it over ST V.

Row row row the boat....

bbmike

I've seen every Star Trek movie more than once. Except Nemesis. I saw it in the theater and that was it. Don't know if I'll ever watch it again or not. I feel like I should just to see if it was as bad as I remember.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Arctic Blast

I hope one was expecting an argument about Nemesis sucking. I'd still watch it over ST V.

Now there's a true Sophie's Choice type scenario. Which one will I subject myself to again?  :tickedoff:

mirth

Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 10, 2017, 07:47:26 PM

Now there's a true Sophie's Choice type scenario. Which one will I subject myself to again?  :tickedoff:

Not sure I could stomach the Uhura fan dance again.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Martok

Quote from: mirth on December 10, 2017, 07:51:34 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 10, 2017, 07:47:26 PM

Not sure I could stomach the Uhura fan dance again.
Both movies were bad, but Nemesis sucked way harder.  It tried to be the TNG version of (and/or homage to) The Wrath of Khan, but failed utterly -- and miserably.  The entire storyline was ridiculous, a lot of the scenes simply made no sense (.e.g, Picard tearing around an alien planet in a desert rover in reckless -- and wildly uncharacteristic -- disregard of the Prime Directive), the plot holes were even bigger than usual (painfully so), and the dialogue felt stilted/forced almost all the way through.  The whole thing left me feeling cold & empty

At least The Final Frontier has a "So bad it's good" characteristic to it, perhaps in part to it possessing a certain degree of Narm Charm.  It even boasts the occasional decent and/or funny line.  ("Please Captain, not in front of the Klingons."  "I lost a brother once...I was lucky to get him back.")  TFF may be terrible -- and it is -- but at least it's still very much in the spirit of Trek. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

Oopsie

QuoteTarantino is reportedly teaming up with J.J. Abrams to come up with a new idea for a future "Star Trek" installment. Tarantino would direct the film.

You missed a spot...this alone means it will probably be crap, regardless of Tarantino directing.

mirth