The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Told by multiple weather companies this morning to expect between a half inch and two feet of snow tomorrow. The track of the storm is a bit...uncertain.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

They've certainly got their bases covered haven't they? That's a pretty wide margin of error. Kind of like after sex, "I have a social disease. It might be HIV or it could only be Chlamydia".   <:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

not sure if this was posted before, but it's worth a re-run

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

^Reverse summer for winter this year and you have the northeast.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Our senior class is in NYC right now.  They'll be heading back home tomorrow morning via a bus across Pennsylvania.  Should be a fun trip home for them :)
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

trailrunner

DC is supposed to get somewhere between 4 and 12 inches.  I bought a snowblower two winters ago.  I didn't get a chance to use it last year, and didn't think I'd get a chance to use this year, but looks like I'll get the chance to use it tomorrow.  My back will be much happier. :bd:

Silent Disapproval Robot

We're supposed to get hit in Vancouver again this weekend.  Normally the cherry blossoms would be starting their bloom.  I had an appointment to get my winter tires off yesterday but postponed it for a week.

Stupid snow....

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Emeraldlis

So is this the one more winter phase we're in? Poor cherry blossoms, I totally blame the South for knackering that up  :-"
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

OJsDad

Senior class is now staying an extra day in NYC. 

School got cancelled here today. 

Gusington

Everything cancelled here today, work, school...but it's not snowing yet. Or...it's snowing but not reaching the ground yet.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Still not snowing here. Maybe we dodged this one and now winter is done.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus