Sid Meier's Civilization® III: Complete free on humblenundle

Started by gameleaper, October 19, 2017, 02:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

Sid Meier's Civilization® III: Complete free on humblenundle

Slick Wilhelm

I still think that Civ III was one of the best versions of CIV.

Greybriar

I never cared as much for Civilization III as I did II and IV, but I at least artillery was done right. Some other things, too, but it's been so many years ago that I can't remember what.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Wolfe1759

Thanks for the heads up, installing now.

I started on Civ IV and haven't played Civ III so it will be fun to see what it is like.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Tactical Wargamer

Still a little dated no? CIV V and VI a little modern UI/Graphics for sure :)
@TacticWargamer

Tuna

Quote from: Tactical Wargamer on October 22, 2017, 02:12:48 PM

Still a classic, but yeah, I'd rather just choose one of the others if I'm in the mood for some flavor of Civ!.. FYI, if you are in the mood for some IV, MetalDog on here loves to do IV Multiplayer and the games are a lot of fun!

Cheimison

Quote from: Greybriar on October 20, 2017, 01:14:43 AM
I never cared as much for Civilization III as I did II and IV, but I at least artillery was done right. Some other things, too, but it's been so many years ago that I can't remember what.
Civ II was actually a deeper game in terms of how things work out, especially in a long-run game that goes into future eras. Civ III was much more arcade-y, which format it has kept to this day. Zone of Control, for example, was eliminated, which makes holding a line almost impossible/pointless in Civ III unless you simply massively outnumber the enemy.

Quote from: Tactical Wargamer on October 22, 2017, 02:12:48 PM
I much prefer low intensity graphics. I despise how cartoony Civ4 is, too. I'll take a 2d static rendering of a chariot any day.