Decades Feeder Bracket - 1996 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, October 15, 2017, 02:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 16, 2017, 01:45:22 PM
Really funny moment from "If It Makes You Happy" when I was back in the Army

We had a Walkman spliced into the tank's intercom system (not hard to do) and would put on some music for road marches or whenever we were just sitting around waiting for shit to happen.

We had "If It Makes You Happy" on one of the cassettes, and when she go to the line "I'm not the kind of girl you take home" I keyed the intercom and asked "how does she know she's not the kind of girl I'd take home?"
My gunner, SGT Short, didn't miss a beat.  He came back over the intercom right away. "Sir, what she means is that she's not the kind of girl who'd go home with you."

zing

Are you going to tell us the funny part?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

MetalDog

It was bound to happen, so, I want to congratulate the smart ass who put their vote in for the matchup headers.   :clap:
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

mirth

MetalDog

I honestly think it's the first time it has happened for all 8 matchups.  Purposeful.  Hence, my comment.  Although, you would certainly be one of the suspects ;)

mirth

I'll mea culpa to doing it once. That was a while back.

MetalDog

mirth

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

mirth