Panama Canal Shipping Up 25%

Started by airboy, October 09, 2017, 10:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Although I opposed Carter's decision back in the 1970s, today I think it turned out pretty well.  It removed a long running dispute with much of Central and Latin America.  The Canal has stayed open for traffic and worked well. 

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on October 10, 2017, 05:07:24 AM
If so why not free Puerto Rico?

I'm fine with that. We're not doing such a great job with it as a US territory.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Me too. I think they're the ones who don't want to leave us. At least that's what all the Puerto Ricans I know that live here in Fla. tell me.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 10, 2017, 06:15:42 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 09, 2017, 09:44:34 PM
...I'm beginning to think it's just us they don't like.
You know - if you walk down the street and see one arsehole, chances are, they're an arsehole.

If you walk down the street and everyone is an arsehole, then chances are you're the arsehole

I obviously don't mean that - I love 'Murica  :dreamer: - when I saw your statement, it just reminded me of a saying a guy at work told me a while back...made me chuckle.

99 % of Muricans are arseholes. I mean when they care more about what a woman whose claim to fame is daddy and a sex tape is doing than what is happening in their own government or the rest of the world??? Yeash that there be an arsehole.
Insert witty comment here.

Staggerwing

99% is a little harsh. I'd say it's more like 50% of us who are assholes. Which 50% depends entirely on what cable news commentator you ask.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

I think cable news commentators all fall in the 50% that are assholes.

Sir Slash

Are 50% of cable news commentators assholes or are 50% of assholes cable news commentators?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

All cable news commentators are within the 50% assholery quadrant.

Sir Slash

Guess that would over-qualify me. I'm up around the 75-80% range.

BanzaiCat

At least you have room for improvement!