Richie61 health update

Started by Richie61, October 05, 2017, 10:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richie61

I had a doctors visit yesterday after CT scans last week. I thought it was going to be a good visit. But I have a growth in the area where my bladder was. Nothing in the lungs, which is good. But I am looking at radiation (5 days a week for 7 weeks) and chemo (once a week for 7 weeks). Again it's a 50-50 chance. Guess the drug trial didn't do much for me - LOL! And I guess I am not going back to work right now.

I am mad and bummed out, but I know I can beat this one! Doctor said that it is better to have it now and not 2 years later.

Always something isn't it?  :P

Ed
Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

mirth

Damn. Sorry it was better news, Ed. You're gonna beat it though!

Thanks for keeping us updated. Lots of thoughts and prayers for you, brother.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

Hang on in there, Ed. We'll all be rooting for you - and yes, you can beat it, no worries.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Keep saying FUCK to Cancer Ed! You'll beat this.  O0

BanzaiCat

Hoping the best for you, Ed. You got this. Positivity can go a LONG way towards fighting this.

Sir Slash

I feel for you Ed. I just got diagnosed with Skin Cancer 0n my right arm. Fortunately for me it's the most benign form and I had it excised successfully but I got 6 stitches in my right arm for another week. I don't let it interfere with my gaming though-- Hell No! Anyway, everybody in my family's got Skin Cancer so it's like the Final Exam for my DNA's authenticity.

Somebody's gonna beat this damned disease someday and it might as well be you as some other guy that doesn't deserve it. So hang in there, keep that Prayer Pillow close and we'll all be rooting for you.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Damn, SS!

Well, you DO live in Florida, so...

Try Maine. I bet the sun doesn't come out...tomorrow...

Barthheart

Don't need to be in Florida... my wife has a 4 in long scare on her back from skin cancer removal last year..... :(

BanzaiCat

Yeah, true, it'll get you anywhere. :(

Outside is overrated! Stay inside and game more.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on October 05, 2017, 10:35:55 AM
Hoping the best for you, Ed. You got this. Positivity can go a LONG way towards fighting this.

What he said.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Hang in there Ed. We're all rooting' for you!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MikeGER

Gusington

You will do this Ed! And we'll all rally around you for a great victory!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Quote from: Richie61 on October 05, 2017, 10:22:39 AM
I had a doctors visit yesterday after CT scans last week. I thought it was going to be a good visit. But I have a growth in the area where my bladder was. Nothing in the lungs, which is good. But I am looking at radiation (5 days a week for 7 weeks) and chemo (once a week for 7 weeks). Again it's a 50-50 chance. Guess the drug trial didn't do much for me - LOL! And I guess I am not going back to work right now.

I am mad and bummed out, but I know I can beat this one! Doctor said that it is better to have it now and not 2 years later.

Always something isn't it?  :P

Ed

I've prayed for your recovery Ed.

All the best,
Airboy

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 05, 2017, 10:42:12 AM
I feel for you Ed. I just got diagnosed with Skin Cancer 0n my right arm. Fortunately for me it's the most benign form and I had it excised successfully but I got 6 stitches in my right arm for another week. I don't let it interfere with my gaming though-- Hell No! Anyway, everybody in my family's got Skin Cancer so it's like the Final Exam for my DNA's authenticity.

Somebody's gonna beat this damned disease someday and it might as well be you as some other guy that doesn't deserve it. So hang in there, keep that Prayer Pillow close and we'll all be rooting for you.  :bd:

I saw my Dad have so many of these removed growing up that I was determined not to let it happen to me.  I wore a (thin) long sleeve shirt when fishing, working outside, or attending outside sporting events for my entire life.  Lots of sunscreen.  People have accused me of being "vampire guy" because I stay so pale.  But I've avoided having any skin cancers for 50+ years now.  Both of my brothers have had them chopped out, but not me.