Remembering Mogadishu

Started by bayonetbrant, October 03, 2017, 05:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

24 years ago today

QuoteThe crew of Super Six-Four in Somalia in 1993: Winn Mahuron, Tommy Field, Bill Cleveland, Ray Frank, Mike Durant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mogadishu_(1993)

One of my ROTC classmates lost her husband that day.
RIP SFC Earl Fillmore
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

"My love,
I'm so very lucky to have you as a wife. ... I know you have the ability to go far, and shall, as long as you believe. It takes longer to build that foundation because the bricks break off now and again. Life's funny sometimes. The key is to keep a sense of humor. Don't take it seriously. Enjoy it. The real secret to life is already inside us. Just dig a little deeper. You are strong and will do well in life. I love you and my children deeply. Today and tomorrow let each day grow and grow, keep smiling and never give up even when things get you down. So in closing my love, tonight tuck my children in bed warmly, tell them I love them, then hug them for me and give them both a kiss goodnight from daddy." -- Master Sergeant Gary Gordon
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers