Started by bob48, September 16, 2017, 01:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bbmike

This just released. Anyone try it?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

glen55

Screenshots are pretty reminiscent of Battle Brothers, but it's a different company. Intriguing. I'll probably pick it up in a few days.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

HoodedHorseJoe

It's a weird one - Battle Brothers is a better over all experience, but Warbanners has a better tactical battle engine... it just also has very swingy RNG, odd difficulty spikes and a bare-bones (and linear) story campaign (with nothing else to do but that campaign, so if you get stuck... well.)

I saw it'd been updated a few times since launch though, so it might have gotten better.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

bbmike

Apparently it's the same guys that did Drums of War.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Moreb

I didn't care for Battle Bros. For the simple fact that the combat was just too repetitive. It got boring very quickly for me. Drums of War was such a tiny game that didn't hold my interest at all. Maybe this is better than the two or maybe these types of games just won't deliver what I would want from them?

Further impression's are needed. Are there mage and magical weapons etc? BB was lacking there imo.
When dongles fly? - mirth

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: Moreb on December 07, 2017, 09:06:52 PMFurther impression's are needed. Are there mage and magical weapons etc? BB was lacking there imo.

There are magical units yeah. You don't get access to them straight away in the campaign and the first one you get is a healer, but a lot of units have magic-like abilities and there are enemy casters you face quite early on.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.