space engine that uses gravity as fuel by enlarging and reducing size,like a sub

Started by gameleaper, August 28, 2017, 02:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

In space you need some sort of power, but fuel runs out. gravity does not!, if you think like a submarines diving and submerging with air by making its tanks heavy or light. the idea I'm suggesting is making an outer surface that enlarges like a big balloon that would be attreacted by gravity. its well known large bodies in space atrrack, even bit ships in our ports attract each other.

to be clear I'm saying increase the surface area, the balloon would still have a vacume inside it, you could turn on gravitational pull by enlarging an object in space, the reduce it to carry on in the desired path

I'm not sure how big the balloon would need to be, but its my best idea so far on space propulsion.

MikeGER

you would have to fill the tanks with a material that is lighter then nothing (vacuum) so a strange material which has somehow a 'negative mass' so it floats in a gravity well ...

where are you locate?  with a little luck already near on the westcoast 
if you have some free time jump in your car or get a bus ticket and visit 2311 Los Robles Avenue /Pasadena wait for Sheldon Cooper from that well known reality show BBT to leave the apartment house and discuss that material research progress with him, he the one who might can help you progress the idea O0 ...but please don't tell him i gave you the address :-X

gameleaper

Quote from: MikeGER on August 28, 2017, 03:11:13 AM
you would have to fill the tanks with a material that is lighter then nothing (vacuum) so a strange material which has somehow a 'negative mass' so it floats in a gravity well ...

where are you locate?  with a little luck already near on the westcoast 
if you have some free time jumpt in your car or get a bus ticket and visit 2311 Los Robles Avenue /Pasadena wait for Sheldon Cooper from the well known reality Show BBT to leave the apartment house and discuss that material research progress with him, he can help you progress the idea O0 ...but please don't tell him i gave you the addrees :-X

sorry I was not clear, you just increase the size of the ballon filled with vacume, not air tight, what I'm saying is increase its surface size.

gameleaper

PS: if you drop a feather and a rock in a vacume the fall at the same speed, so weight is not relavant possably.

MikeGER

the balloon hull always have a weight, isn't it ?  and that pull the balloon filled with nothing down, regardless how big the balloon is

Try to get an appointment with Mr Cooper, he might take a few minutes to listen to you if he find the concept Fascinating!

gameleaper

Mike I loved all those episode of friends, thanks for the smile. I think I laughed in every show

gameleaper

Quote from: MikeGER on August 28, 2017, 03:24:50 AM
the balloon hull always have a weight, isn't it ?  and that pull the balloon filled with nothing down, regardless how big the balloon is

Try to get an appointment with Mr Cooper, he might take a few minutes to listen to you if he find the concept Fascinating!

in a vacume there is no weight . all things move at the same speed

gameleaper

Sheldon just thinks he is the most intelligent, steven H read this thread :)

trailrunner

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Ubercat

Gameleaper,

there is still MASS in space. Gravity needs MASS, not weight. Your space balloons won't have much mass. It won't matter how big you blow them up.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

gameleaper

Quote from: Ubercat on August 28, 2017, 12:02:28 PM
Gameleaper,

there is still MASS in space. Gravity needs MASS, not weight. Your space balloons won't have much mass. It won't matter how big you blow them up.

the planets and moons are different MASS but there all attracted by the gravity effect, we don't know really what attracts large objects together eg: ships in a harbour will move towards eachother but we don't know why. Maybe the balloon may need to be filled with gas and then compressed to reduce if MASS is important.

Pete Dero

Quote from: gameleaper on August 28, 2017, 12:15:40 PM
Quote from: Ubercat on August 28, 2017, 12:02:28 PM
Gameleaper,

Ships in a harbour will move towards eachother but we don't know why

Ships alongside each other are pulled together because of the flow of water between the ships which causes a decrease in pressure.